no electrical upgrades. i've had mine for like...a year and a half. doesnt draw much current. FUN AS SHIT THO!! honked it to mess with a girl at work, she jumped straight up in the air and turned and ran in the other direction. omg wait till you see reactions. it'll be the best investment you've ever made :D

that's the horn kit i was lookin at when i get a new one. i wanna put it in my front bumper or somethin. right now it's stickin a lil out the back. it's cool tho cuz i've had TONS of people tell me to honk it while i'm drivin. nice attention getter. including some from cops (who apparently argued about it with other cops :)) and an ambulance driver lol

Trust me , If you are not buying from a locomotive parts supply dealer, you are not getting a real train horn. You might get close, but all of the varieties I have heard on vehicles around here, Jacksonville, ATL, and all the other places I have been , NOTHING is relatively close to being truly as loud as a horn hooked to the top of the locomotives I drive daily. The horns on most Road Locomotives ( the really big ones, not the small yard engines ) are about 20 to 30 inches long, and have huge valve bodies, and run off of the main reservoir tank that is prolly 250 gallons or better. When I blow the horn , the main reservoir gauge dips down with each sounding. Hunt around online for a locomotive repair company, or scrap yard, or some sort of supply shop, that is the only way you will get a "real" train horn...Keep trying guys. :)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Trust me , If you are not buying from a locomotive parts supply dealer, you are not getting a real train horn. You might get close, but all of the varieties I have heard on vehicles around here, Jacksonville, ATL, and all the other places I have been , NOTHING is relatively close to being truly as loud as a horn hooked to the top of the locomotives I drive daily. The horns on most Road Locomotives ( the really big ones, not the small yard engines ) are about 20 to 30 inches long, and have huge valve bodies, and run off of the main reservoir tank that is prolly 250 gallons or better. When I blow the horn , the main reservoir gauge dips down with each sounding. Hunt around online for a locomotive repair company, or scrap yard, or some sort of supply shop, that is the only way you will get a "real" train horn...Keep trying guys. :)

the k5la is the horn used on top of amtrak trains. how do i know b/c my brother works there thats the official train horn and its expensive. the k3la is what is used on frieght trains not as expensive, has a different tone but just about as loud thats an official train horn. if you dont have 1 of those 2 then its not a real train horn

and these horns will blow the diaphrams if you constantly give them 250 psi 150-200psi is perfect

I looked around multiple sites for my Compressor, tank, pressure gauge, horns and bought them all individually and ended up saving some money instead of buying a kit. Took alittle time but Was worth it in my opinion. Good luck on the install. They are Very fun!

Here is a small vid of mine.

th_015-4.jpg

no video

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy