[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Whelp, I went and painted the box so now it looks like this:

HoAcTiJl.jpg

sk3uef7l.jpg

I'm real happy with how it looks...however, when I built it I didn't have a battery, so the box will not fit now lol. 

I thought I could just place a sheet of 3/4" MDF below it to raise it up, but when it's raised up, it won't even fit in the back because of how the Blazer hatch narrows the taller it gets....

That sucks that it won't fit anymore. 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

17 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

That sucks that it won't fit anymore. 

A minor setback at best ? I had considered that it would be an issue, and had a plan in place.

We just had to make it into a Frankenstein box!

0EsLhEql.jpg

bQshFoal.jpg

jx2mG2Tl.jpg

Added an extra 1.5" to the little lip, and she's all good to go!

xs1yHREl.jpg

Ka2jZpvl.jpg

However, I believe all the vibration from mounting the amps to the box, killed one of my amps?

On both amps, the gain knob outputs were shaken loose causing a bad connection, so I took them apart and glued them back together.

VrPWmKPl.jpg

tGj9nc3l.jpg

1g8zDC5l.jpg

So that issue is taken care of, but my top amp still will not give any output.

It powers on and shows a green light, but when it is the master amp, I get no output to the subs. When I set it to slave, only the bottom amp works. (I know this because I can go full tilt and not drop below 13.5V @ idle, meaning I must be only running 1 amp @ 1 ohm).

I put an ad out to buy another SQ2200 and we should hopefully be back in business.

As expected, I didn't make it to putting in the 2nd alt yet.

Pretty annoyed about my amp not giving any output.

Desperately trying to snatch another SQ2200, or SQ3500, but nobody in the world seems to have one for sale.

One guy around me did have a 2200, but then I sold him my C418 and he decided to keep the amp to run it lol.

So this build is pretty much on hold at the mercy of an amp seller, because it's laughable having 4 15s and doing 142s...

So I may or may not have just purchased 2 AudioQue3500s and 4 HDC418s. LOL?

The next plan is looking like two C418s and two 3500s @ 0.5 each.

Stay tuned for more haha.

The goal for Saturday of this week will be to finally get that dang 2nd alternator in!

After many hours, we finally got the two 270a alternators running.

qkBMvuGl.jpg

Definitely the most challenging and irritating thing I've done with this vehicle so far. If I had known what was involved, I would've never undertaken the task lol.?

It was a combo of buying my kit from a jerk (slow shipping, never gave instructions, didn't even give all the parts, and the parts he gave weren't correct), and just general other issues.

You've gotta bend the dip stick. You've gotta cut/bend the throttle cable. You've gotta add spacers and new pulleys and other stuff.

My dad and I spent probably 8 solid hours working on this today, and we've got more to do tomorrow.

After hooking them up I went to test, and my voltage was just awful. Kept dropping to 12.2V and just wasn't charging back up. (with a single 2200 @ 1 ohm, mind you) When I finally turned down the music, I could hear this horrendous belt squeal. We think it's either my JS Alt's 270a seizing, or misalignment.

We can visually see the alts aren't aligned, so will be working that out tomorrow:

lE6N3AMl.jpg

However, my 270a from JS has been having issues with charging lately, so it may be time for a warranty or repair on that.

I should have more info tomorrow.

I squealed the shit out of my belt until I got the tension right. You might need to get a new tensioner and a belt that is slightly shorter. The Gates green Fleet Runner is supposed to be one of the best belts out there. I plan on running a second alt soon. Keep up the good work!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Elecrical progress is always good progress! 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

On 4/2/2017 at 1:32 PM, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

I squealed the shit out of my belt until I got the tension right. You might need to get a new tensioner and a belt that is slightly shorter. The Gates green Fleet Runner is supposed to be one of the best belts out there. I plan on running a second alt soon. Keep up the good work!

The tensioner was replaced about 2 weeks ago after I noticed a squealing while accelerating.

Our issue here was a conglomeration of different misalignment going on with the bracket/belt/pulleys.

We ended up reducing most of the gap, through different washer and bushing placement.

fNJky3yl.jpg

If anyone is interested or has any questions about the process, I have a whole bunch of pics and info, but didn't really wanna clog up the thread with them (unless requested).

Everything is good and voltage is steady. With the single 2200 the lowest I've seen is 14.4V @ 2k RPM, full tilt. (the system now charges right around 14.9 - 15.0V)

It was pretty sketchy, but I managed to drive 2 hours back to school with no issues?

Then since I was bored, I did some metering and videos of the setup on just the single amp, while I wait for my two 3500s to come.

This box is pretty weird. Almost no upper end.

143.17 dB @ 40hz

142.01 @ 38hz

140.08 dB @ 31hz (what?)

135.53 dB @ 24hz

Even with those low scores, it flexes the crap outta my vehicle.

I'm kinda scared what this setup would do on a single 3500, let alone two. But I'll probably end up trying it anyways.

School ends in 3 weeks, and then I'll be learning to fiberglass my doors so I can fit 3 6.5" and 2 super tweets per door.

In an surprise change of events, a local guy listed an SQ2200, so you know I had to have it!

Hrgd19Ul.jpg

Picture of the new working amp, with the old retired one at the bottom. RIP. That amp served me well for many months. Not sure if I'll be selling it or getting it repaired yet.

Now that I'm back to the two 2200 @ 0.5 each life, I gotta say it's awesome. 

The setup only does 147s full tilt, but it's really musical and moves a lot of air compared to past setups.

aVXHH5Al.png

That was the best I could do in about an hour of testing. However, the subs never got smelly and weren't even hot at the end, so I'm thinking they're asking to be promoted to the dual 3500 @ 0.5 each life?

My charging system situation is still super wonky. Sometimes it charges at 13.6V, other times 14.2V, others 14.6V, 14.8V, and sometimes even 15.2V. From what I can tell it's not dependent on weather temperature, and also not dependent on how long the car/engine has been running. That's all at idle though.

When I go full tilt, it seems that everything works, because I haven't dropped below 13.5V with both amps @ 0.5 each. About a 1V gain across the board from pre-dual alternators.

Anyways, here are some vids:

I hate having stuff not match, so since I'm swapping to AQ mono amps, I ordered an AQ 90.4 as well.

More updates soon hopefully. My c418s will be here Thursday.

Archived