P99rs steering wheel controls

Has anyone been able to keep their steering wheel audio controls with the pioneer dex-p99rs? I know there are adapters like the PAC and Axxess kits, i just dont know how to find out if they are compatible with the p99rs specifically. And when i was on cruchfield it recommends one of the Pacs but only says works with "most". I dont like the "maybe" idea lol, i want certainty. So anyone with experience using the p99rs with steering controls, ur advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a 06 dodge charger RT if that matters. Thanks again to all.

Ask for a Pioneer adapter for your car or for all Dodge cars. You may find one, it would be better than something from another brand.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

The pac harness has a dial on it that you set to the brand of head unit you are using.

I've used mine with a pioneer and a Kenwood and both retained the controls as they should.

I have an 08 dodge caliber, probably the same harness for your car.

Mine was the pac rp4-ch11

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ask for a Pioneer adapter for your car or for all Dodge cars. You may find one, it would be better than something from another brand.

Ask where?

I looked on pioneers website, the only thing they offer is an actual controller that u attach to ur steering wheel. Not something i'd do, looks too McGyver'ish lol.

Yah thats the one i seen recommended. Is there a way to tell it is definitely compatible with the p99rs or are all the plugs on pioneer single dins the same? Just dont wanna order something that i cant use.

It will work, the input for the steering wheel controls are the same on all pioneers.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yah thats the one i seen recommended. Is there a way to tell it is definitely compatible with the p99rs or are all the plugs on pioneer single dins the same? Just dont wanna order something that i cant use.

It will work, the input for the steering wheel controls are the same on all pioneers.

Alright thanks man, ill get that one.

When connecting your Pioneer head unit to the car, you need an adapter. I just bought the one for my Mazda (made originally for Hondas) which had steering wheel control. There was another one with video for the stock rear view cameras,

Something like that : http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00184576.html?gclid=CIWamemJ2M8CFckkhgodqcQECw This one is for VW, and other European cars, but there are others for all kind of cars.

I was about to buy a PAC LC something for my Mazda CX-5, and hopefully I found the exact Pioneer model I needed. I'm happy to have my steering wheel control, for the first time in one of my car !!!

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Sorry : it's in French, but you should have the same in the USA.

http://www.commande-au-volant.com/

It's like steering-wheel-control.com !!!

Archived