2-15 in kicker L7s replacing backseat of 83 z28 camaro build

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
MAG58
viewpost-right.png
That didn't address the topic at hand. You said that in this discussion (big bore/short stroke 352 vs smaller bore, longer stroke 350), the 352 would create more hp and less torque than the 350, all else equal. And I would like to know what your line of reasoning is with an engine of equal (or essentially equal : 352 is close enough to 350 for me) displacement with the exact same head/heads on it and the exact same induction and
on it that a 'more' oversquare engine will create more hp and less torque than a 'less' oversquare, square, or undersquare engine.

To wit:
Here is a good article explaining it.

To think about it simply... Torque is a twisting force so think about it like a ratchet and socket. You create more torque with a longer lever and with less effort but you can't spin the motor as fast. By destroking it you shorten the stroke so you remove all that force you have on the initial movement but you can spin the hell out of it. Also think about scavenging as a the air pump function with a shorter stroke you need to spin it a lot faster to pull the same volume of air which also creates more friction. With the longer stroke it takes less effort to suck and blow the same volume of air through the CC.

So more air at lower RPM = more bang
wink.gif

Found this interesting.... so couldn't this problem of less air be fixed with forced induction like turbos or a blower. Then comes the problem of which would be better for using a turbo destroked or stroked which I would think the higher winding rpm motor would come out on top. I guess more research is in order...

edit: found a way to get bottom end power... "positive displacement supercharger" definition If you double the engine speed the superchargers driven speed doubles. Now here is the critical difference between a centrifugal blower and a positive displacementblower. The amount of airflow a centrifugal delivers (literally blows) increases roughly at a square of its driven speed.

found a thread where a guy said

The positive displacement gives you more instant boost whereas the centri has lag just like a turbo. The pro to the posi is the instant torque that gets you moving alot quicker. The con to this is that it may be harder to get traction especially in rain and snow, and if you are rough you can break things.
The negative to the centri is that there is lag like a turbo but doesn't quite get you the performance of a turbo. The positive is that it will get you higher numbers for roughly the same money as a positive displacement, typically, not always.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

2 kicker 15 in solobarics

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

sirius xm radio with bose system

Dropping tabs and or black out drunk and a fast car are not a good combination. You're not stupid are you?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

are you talking about dirt track oval racing or rally cross?

Im talking dukes of hazard make your own backyard track with the bulldozer and jump that bitch. Plan is to jump the creek. Also another reason for adding subs in the backseat would be to distribute the weight so I can fly straight through the air. Haha my dad has a D8 cat the size of two short busses side by side so there'll probs be an oval to do donuts and a big course similar to dirtbike rally cross because we also need a place for the bikes.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

I'd like to see that. any videos?

Just logged the property slowly but surely this track will come. Didn't think Id need a nice camera till now but at least my brother has a new phone so pics will be coming.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

Archived