Bailey35 Posted October 27, 2016 Report Posted October 27, 2016 I want to get a custom box built for 2 sundown audio 8's and I already own a 800 watt rms amp. I have raised the seat 2.5 inches so I have roughly a total of 3.2 cubic feet is the biggest I can get before calculating port and sub displacement. With that being said the subs only call for .5 to .75 cubes each so with running 2 id need 1.5 going from sundown recommended specs. My question is will there be any negative effects of using this big of a box? I've read on here that a bigger box with less than recomended power is generally good but it's different for every application and sub. Any input is greatly appreciated. Just for reference I'm running the kx800.1 amp. Thanks everyone
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 27, 2016 Report Posted October 27, 2016 When you put subs in an over-sized box you will get increased cone excursion, which CAN damage the subs. You also CAN get really peaky output and poorer sound quality. Neither is guaranteed to happen, but they are both possibilities. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Moreno93 Posted October 27, 2016 Report Posted October 27, 2016 I think thats probably to much space for those. Maybe wait for joe to chime in or ask audiofanatics who makes amazing boxes
dolarbilz Posted October 27, 2016 Report Posted October 27, 2016 Is amp going on back wall of cab? no need to raise seats for 8" but since you did may look into doing tens now..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.