titus41 Posted November 3, 2016 Author Report Posted November 3, 2016 Im going for the Joe X design Inside of the port. Should i cut the port at 45 degree as shown at the picture from joe x? Or can i add an extra 45 degree at the corners? Or should i skip it and just rounded the corners for the port? I think this things matters a lot so thats why i ask. Overdoing may cause it to sound bad maybe Thanks 3vil for the link to learn more about Transmission lines !
Joe X Posted November 4, 2016 Report Posted November 4, 2016 For a box that small I'd recommend you just rounding any sharp edges inside the port including both ends, cut and build carefully, specially the port which must not get any narrower than 3/4" at any point.
titus41 Posted November 4, 2016 Author Report Posted November 4, 2016 Thanks for the responses i have received. Thumbs up. I will rounding the edges like you say. Is it necessary to dampening inside of the box?
3vil Posted November 4, 2016 Report Posted November 4, 2016 If you mean sound deaden then no, you don't need to
titus41 Posted November 4, 2016 Author Report Posted November 4, 2016 Not sound deaden. But using foam like this picture. I know many high end speakers use it. I don't think its necessary but its ok to ask.
Joe X Posted November 5, 2016 Report Posted November 5, 2016 Thanks for the responses i have received. Thumbs up. I will rounding the edges like you say. Is it necessary to dampening inside of the box? It is not necessary or recommended for your application, having said that you can always try it, just set it up in a way it can be removed later if needed and don't apply any of it near the internal end of the port.
cosmin Posted March 19, 2018 Report Posted March 19, 2018 holly mother of thread revival :))) How did it sound?
beaker Posted March 19, 2018 Report Posted March 19, 2018 sounded so good he's still listening to it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.