Dodge charger Mechman S Series 240 amp alternator

Its in a PITA spot to get too, so it would be stupid to crawl under to remove the alt and not connect additional large gauge wiring at the same time.

Your car has the battery in the trunk.

The wire that comes from the alternator through the firewall via a stud surrounded in plastic casing to the rear battery is tiny.

I forget what it is exactly but something like 8awg or 6awg.
So your going to be asking to possibly send a lot of current (more than the wire can handle) through a small gauge wire that is not fused from what I remember.
Your just going to be asking for trouble.

Also when you run your 1/0 or whatever you use, your going to want to fuse it as soon as you can get the wire to a spot where the fuse is easily accessible by the passenger side fender wall.

Im not certain but if I remember correct there is also a decent grounding stud or bolt in that same area to ground your alt to to the chassis with 1/0.

Damn :/ alright, ill wait till i get the wires. What do u think about running my power wire outside under the car? Im thinking it would be more convenient because i want to run one 4/0 for my big 3. Is that a super dumb idea to run it outside alongside a frame rail or something? 4/0 seems like it might be pretty bulky under the carpet lol.

Well there is no frame on your car its a unibody design.

You cant really do the big 3 on them like other vehicles due to the factory battery location being in the trunk.

So your big 3 positive wire has to run from the alternator all the way back. Your going to want to fuse this like i sad.

I guess you could run it underneath if you wanted too, but your going to have to be careful going through the rear by the suspension, axle, and exhaust to get it to the trunk area.

Your going to want the wire up as high as possible and way from any road debris that may hit it such as garbage, broken tree branches, snow/ice depending on your climate, etc.
You will also need some nice grommets to fit that size wire too.

I ran 4 runs of 1/0 through the firewall without issues. and followed the transmission hump all the way back for the most part. Not even noticeable.

You cant really do the big 3 on them like other vehicles due to the factory battery location being in the trunk.

So your big 3 positive wire has to run from the alternator all the way back. Your going to want to fuse this like i sad.

I guess you could run it underneath if you wanted too, but your going to have to be careful going through the rear by the suspension, axle, and exhaust to get it to the trunk area.

Your going to want the wire up as high as possible and way from any road debris that may hit it such as garbage, broken tree branches, snow/ice depending on your climate, etc.

I ran 4 runs of 1/0 through the firewall without issues. and followed the transmission hump all the way back for the most part. Not even noticeable.

Yah i just checked out that whole build u sent me, looks SICK. I swear i seen some vids of that car, he was switching from three 12s to one 18. Firing up. Was that the same car? Definatly a loud ass daily lol

Oh also, what was the 2 runs of negative going to rear for/from, was it the alt grounds??

Damn :/ alright, ill wait till i get the wires. What do u think about running my power wire outside under the car? Im thinking it would be more convenient because i want to run one 4/0 for my big 3. Is that a super dumb idea to run it outside alongside a frame rail or something? 4/0 seems like it might be pretty bulky under the carpet lol.

Do yourself a favor and use multiple runs of 1/0 tinned ofc.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived