Dodge charger Mechman S Series 240 amp alternator

Install it and see if you can get it tight enough, if not, your part number from gates is K060825RPM, all you have to do is lower the number from 825 to something lower and see if they have the belt for you, and the 825 number is the length of the belt which is 82.5" long.

So basically you drop down to an 815 or something even less, all you need to do is enter the "K060825RPM" into ebay and play with the number until you have the length that pops up and go to your auto parts store and buy one, if it does not fit then keep trying till you get one.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Install it and see if you can get it tight enough, if not, your part number from gates is K060825RPM, all you have to do is lower the number from 825 to something lower and see if they have the belt for you, and the 825 number is the length of the belt which is 82.5" long.

So basically you drop down to an 815/810/805/800 or something even less, all you need to do is enter the "K060825RPM" into ebay and play with the number until you have the length that pops up and go to your auto parts store and buy one, if it does not fit then keep trying till you get one.

Thanks man, ill try it that way if no one chimes in that has done this already with the same car and alt. I was hoping i would be able to get the right parts in the first try lol high hopes, but hopefully someone here has done this same car and alt.

Not sure if this helps the equation. But the mechman says that it comes equiped with a smaller 1.75 diameter pulley. Would that help me find the exact belt i need?

I would pull the alt apart, unsolder the connections to the windings, and crimp them for better sq also lol ;)

Shhh...might get this thread locked. Lol funny guy

He is not the reason I locked the other thread, it was you constantly asking the same question over and over after answers were giving. LOL

I would pull the alt apart, unsolder the connections to the windings, and crimp them for better sq also lol ;)

Shhh...might get this thread locked. Lol funny guy

He is not the reason I locked the other thread, it was you constantly asking the same question over and over after answers were giving. LOL

Lmao i know. Sorry I wasnt trying to be difficult tho, but the answers werent specific and detailed enough, it didnt really clear anything up for me. ill figure it out elsewhere.

On a side note.....can u help me out with this issue? Lol. Got a Charger or ever had to install a alt in one?

They where more than specific enough.

Either connection is not going to degrade anything that you will notice by terms of sound, or the capabilities of power transfer.
10gawg and smaller is fine to solder and heatshrink, and if you want to be super anal for no reason use silver solder and adhesive lined heatshrink, then wrap the wires in Tesa tape to match the OEM wiring harness covering.

Yes and Yes Ive had a 06 charger with a hemi completely gutted on the inside except for the dash and done everything to it.

The oem pulley size is not much larger than an aftermarket if not damn near the same size.
From what I remember the factory belt length should be fine as there is enough movement in the belt tensioner to take up any extra slack.
Even if you got a belt 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter there would still be movement in the belt tensioner to pick up the slack.

So what you do is you take a picture of the belt tensioner and what position it is resting at with the stock alt on the car.

Put the new alt on and put the old belt on. start the car for a few seconds to make sure the belt is seated right on all pulleys.

Shut the car off and look at the belt tensioner position and compare it to the photo you took.

If its anywhere in the same wear abouts you will be fine.

Then go to the store and buy a new belt in the size your vehicle recommends.

You want to buy a Gates brand belt, dont even bother with the Gatorbacks they are junk.
if the tensioner is in a slightly different spot buy the next size shorter belt that you can.

The whole buying shorter belts thing is useless in the majority of vehicles so I dont know why people say it.

That is unless the vehicle is running multiple alternators, then the smaller pulley diameters can change things quick.

If your vehicle is knew enough to run a serpentine belt chances are it has a spring loaded tensioner that moves a great bit at different engine rpms.

Unless your tensioner is all the way in its unloaded position or all the way in its loaded position (or very close to either of these positions) a different belt size typically wont do much in terms of keeping it tight around the pulleys because when the tensioner is kept at its ideal spot (which is why I said take a picture) your not its not going to have much change in the pressure kept on the belt.

Now if you had a older vehicle with manual tensioners that can only be adjusted so far and you want to get it tight as possible its a whole different story.

They where more than specific enough.

Either connection is not going to degrade anything that you will notice by terms of sound, or the capabilities of power transfer.

10gawg and smaller is fine to solder and heatshrink, and if you want to be super anal for no reason use silver solder and adhesive lined heatshrink, then wrap the wires in Tesa tape to match the OEM wiring harness covering.

Yes and Yes Ive had a 06 charger with a hemi completely gutted on the inside except for the dash and done everything to it.

The oem pulley size is not much larger than an aftermarket if not damn near the same size.

From what I remember the factory belt length should be fine as there is enough movement in the belt tensioner to take up any extra slack.

Even if you got a belt 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter there would still be movement in the belt tensioner to pick up the slack.

So what you do is you take a picture of the belt tensioner and what position it is resting at with the stock alt on the car.

Put the new alt on and put the old belt on. start the car for a few seconds to make sure the belt is seated right on all pulleys.

Shut the car off and look at the belt tensioner position and compare it to the photo you took.

If its anywhere in the same wear abouts you will be fine.

Then go to the store and buy a new belt in the size your vehicle recommends.

You want to buy a Gates brand belt, dont even bother with the Gatorbacks they are junk.

if the tensioner is in a slightly different spot buy the next size shorter belt that you can.

The whole buying shorter belts thing is useless in the majority of vehicles so I dont know why people say it.

That is unless the vehicle is running multiple alternators, then the smaller pulley diameters can change things quick.

If your vehicle is knew enough to run a serpentine belt chances are it has a spring loaded tensioner that moves a great bit at different engine rpms.

Unless your tensioner is all the way in its unloaded position or all the way in its loaded position (or very close to either of these positions) a different belt size typically wont do much in terms of keeping it tight around the pulleys because when the tensioner is kept at its ideal spot (which is why I said take a picture) your not its not going to have much change in the pressure kept on the belt.

Now if you had a older vehicle with manual tensioners that can only be adjusted so far and you want to get it tight as possible its a whole different story.

THANKS! See man, thats the kinna answers im goin for, details lol. i appreciate that take a pic tip. Its easy for me to way over think things and end up over looking simple things and end up fkn myself over. Just trying to be sure im doing things right the first time. Im starting out my first full system with pretty much no automotive or audio experience what-so-ever lol so please bare with my noobness.

One more thing. Would it be dangerous to install my HO alt without upgrading the power cables at the same time? I have the alt here already but i dont have my power cables yet. Would my stock wiring be safe for now? The alt wont be too powerful for those stock wires will it? Would it just be safer to wait till i have my power wires also?

You have to upgrade the wires when you install the alt, it is a must.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived