Do I Need A New Alternator?

You should consider a battery tender if you don't want to upgrade the stock alt. It will top off the battery and make it last longer, just plug in your car when you are at home and you will be fine. That battery will take a beating!

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

You should consider a battery tender if you don't want to upgrade the stock alt. It will top off the battery and make it last longer, just plug in your car when you are at home and you will be fine. That battery will take a beating!

im gonna replace the stock battery and get like a Kinetic 600, and have a 2400 hooked up to the amp, and im gonna do the big 3. I cant afford a new alternator this is gonna be my final set up for a while.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

hey man, Right now i have the crunch gp3000d hooked to a 12 BTL. I dont have big3 done yet nor do i have a batt in the back. But I have an optima red top under the hood.

Im in a 2000 accord coupe. 90 amp alt, like 40 at idle. I am seeing voltage drops pretty bad with mine. My volt meter starts out at around 14.1-14.2 and if i turn the shit up, i see instant voltage drops. I would definitely recommend getting a new alt, I know I am.

Can you post or send us some pics of the plug from your alt. The 07 GM's are going all computer control we are trying to see where they started so far the 07 avalanche is new and most all GM 08 models. Does your plug looks like this ?

GMplug.jpg

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

hey man, Right now i have the crunch gp3000d hooked to a 12 BTL. I dont have big3 done yet nor do i have a batt in the back. But I have an optima red top under the hood.

Im in a 2000 accord coupe. 90 amp alt, like 40 at idle. I am seeing voltage drops pretty bad with mine. My volt meter starts out at around 14.1-14.2 and if i turn the shit up, i see instant voltage drops. I would definitely recommend getting a new alt, I know I am.

A bigger alt will help with the power ,but your voltage will stay about the same. The internal regulator is controlled by the car which feeds the signal to the alt. Hope this helps

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

A bigger alt will help with the power ,but your voltage will stay about the same. The internal regulator is controlled by the car which feeds the signal to the alt. Hope this helps

MLA

Unless, of course, if you get an alternator module like what Steve has.

But, a bigger alternator is always recommended when running that kind of power