Sonic Electronix

Need help with sound deadening

Hi i am currently in the middle of doing my first proper big install i will be deadening the whole car at some point in the next month or so but mainly the B pillar at the moment so i can start the wall build.

So first of all i going to be bracing the roof as it has nothing up there to support it from flexing was thinking 18mm birch plywood then expanding foam between the roof and wall box.

My question is do i need to deaden the roof before i add the ply or can i just add the wood straight away.

As for everything behind the B pillar i am looking at using silent coat sound deadener ( would us second skin but don't think it's available in the UK ) what i need to know is what thickness should i use for this and just looking for some help in general.

Many thanks.

Hi i am currently in the middle of doing my first proper big install i will be deadening the whole car at some point in the next month or so but mainly the B pillar at the moment so i can start the wall build.

So first of all i going to be bracing the roof as it has nothing up there to support it from flexing was thinking 18mm birch plywood then expanding foam between the roof and wall box.

My question is do i need to deaden the roof before i add the ply or can i just add the wood straight away.

As for everything behind the B pillar i am looking at using silent coat sound deadener ( would us second skin but don't think it's available in the UK ) what i need to know is what thickness should i use for this and just looking for some help in general.

Many thanks.

Yes we would recommend using sound deadener on the metal first before walling it off. You are correct we can not send liquids via air (International Orders) so we can't send our liquid Spectrum sound deadening. But if you want our peel and stick American made butyl sheets we can send those to you. Just send us your full shipping info and product list and we will work you up a quote with multiple shipping options, send it to [email protected] . If you want liquid, our closest distributor that stocks liquid Spectrum would be our Singapore dealer, here is there Facebook contact info https://www.facebook.com/SecondSkinSG/?fref=ts

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I would put as much as possible

There comes a point where you are just wasting time and money by adding more.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived