•    

BassManiak

ZV5 18/15 or NSV3 18/15 for new build?

Hello there guys, the tittle is pretty much my question..

i'm upgrading next month and i am stuck between the two subs.

since i am across the pond in the UK, we really have only 1 legit distributor of sundown audio(Wayne from Hz Audio UK), the rest are a joke, with old stock, and overpriced..
I first saw the ZV5 for 850 English pesos,and was absolutely in love, but then i saw the NSV3 for 10 English pesos cheaper across the range, and that's when i got lost, isn't the NSV3 better? if so then, why is it cheaper?and there seems to be no thread on ZV5 vs NSV3 whatsoever.

i'm probably going to have either a 15 or 18, not sure yet! the box will be slot ported ~6-7.5cu.ft tuned between ~25-30hz

The NSV3 should theoretically be better? its weirdly got a wider but shorter magnet,yet stands taller than the ZV5, and i heard they both share the same VC and cone assembly.

i'm planning to put 5-8k regardless of which sub, my priority is lows and SQ

What are your thoughts ? really appreciate any help :)

Edited by BassManiak

Is that for one sub or two?

If one and that much power, to be safe I would do the Nsv3

yes just one sub, thanks for the input!

they do use the same voice coil and spider so its the same power handling theoretically

i am thinking its probably better to get the night shade but still not sure..either way i know the nsv3 can both take 5k on a daily, as joavanni showed with his scv5500 and 2x xs7500 so its not that much

also found this prototype 15 sub thats for half the price,maybe a pair of them would be better, fs 31hz, xmax 25mm each way, 4" flat would 8 layer VC,rated at 3.5k and a big ass booty, not much else in terms of specs as of yet, pic below

yqzzME9.jpg

Edited by BassManiak

Not bashing sundown what so ever but can you get other brands in your area?

The two subs are really really similar except for the motors basically. Choosing one or the other would result in too similar of an output for me to choose.

Sundown has been posting teaser pics of the NSv4, thats what I'm waiting on honestly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By Phaeton
      Hey everyone! i have this old sub in my collection and i'm going to build a box for it in my truck, but i cannot for the life of me find the specs, after days of frustrating googles i can only find subs with the the 12 spoke basket. anyone have any info on this fella? is it the same specs as the 12 spoke?

• By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 

i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!

and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• By tmoney09
      Ok so here is the deal..I have a Nissan 370z so room is well very scarce. Before my Nissan i was running a 15 inch FI BL. After i bought the Nissan i bought a 12 inch Fi Neo Q because i just thought there was no way in hell i would fit the 15 in that small hatch. Being used to the 15 i hated the Neo Q it just wasn't satisfying to me. So I sold that and bought a 12 inch Fi BL and it was definitely better, not quite what I was hoping for but it was better. Months later comes a bright sunny day and out of boredom i just go to measuring to see if there was any way possible to get that 15 in there and believe it or not i came up with a box that would fit. Flip side to that though it that is bare bones minimum and there in no free space to make the box any bigger. After port displacement and speaker displacement it was around 2.95 cubes. I threw the FI in there and let her rip and believe it or not it sounds pretty darn good. In this car the enclosure is directly behind my head so it's pretty loud.  My Fi is getting old and i was looking to upgrade. It did well on my hifonics brutus 2400 but i recently upgraded to the soundqubed 2200 and it seems to be a bit much for the FI (this sub is like 5 years old and has been through hell). So i was looking at the hdc4 2000 watt sub as an replacement. Seems to be a perfect match for the 2200 amp but iv'e read that it's a stiff sub and i'm concerned that if the sub is as stiff as people have said then being in a smaller enclosure may be a problem. Have any of you tried one of these in such a small enclosure?
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

•