BassManiak

ZV5 18/15 or NSV3 18/15 for new build?

8 posts in this topic

Hello there guys, the tittle is pretty much my question..

i'm upgrading next month and i am stuck between the two subs.

since i am across the pond in the UK, we really have only 1 legit distributor of sundown audio(Wayne from Hz Audio UK), the rest are a joke, with old stock, and overpriced..
I first saw the ZV5 for 850 English pesos,and was absolutely in love, but then i saw the NSV3 for 10 English pesos cheaper across the range, and that's when i got lost, isn't the NSV3 better? if so then, why is it cheaper?and there seems to be no thread on ZV5 vs NSV3 whatsoever.

i'm probably going to have either a 15 or 18, not sure yet! the box will be slot ported ~6-7.5cu.ft tuned between ~25-30hz

The NSV3 should theoretically be better? its weirdly got a wider but shorter magnet,yet stands taller than the ZV5, and i heard they both share the same VC and cone assembly.

i'm planning to put 5-8k regardless of which sub, my priority is lows and SQ

What are your thoughts ? really appreciate any help :)

Edited by BassManiak

Is that for one sub or two?

If one and that much power, to be safe I would do the Nsv3

Is that for one sub or two?

If one and that much power, to be safe I would do the Nsv3

yes just one sub, thanks for the input!

they do use the same voice coil and spider so its the same power handling theoretically

i am thinking its probably better to get the night shade but still not sure..either way i know the nsv3 can both take 5k on a daily, as joavanni showed with his scv5500 and 2x xs7500 so its not that much

also found this prototype 15 sub thats for half the price,maybe a pair of them would be better, fs 31hz, xmax 25mm each way, 4" flat would 8 layer VC,rated at 3.5k and a big ass booty, not much else in terms of specs as of yet, pic below

yqzzME9.jpg

Edited by BassManiak

Not bashing sundown what so ever but can you get other brands in your area?

The two subs are really really similar except for the motors basically. Choosing one or the other would result in too similar of an output for me to choose.

Sundown has been posting teaser pics of the NSv4, thats what I'm waiting on honestly.

I'm almost positive they are the same sub nsv3 weighs 9 pounds more tho according to Amazon. I plan to upgrade my zv4s to zv5s due to price

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now