well im getting a bike and i cant decide what to get. 5 of my close friends that ride all ride gsxr's (2 600's,750,2 1000's) and they all swear by them. ive always like the gsxr's but while i was looking for bikes i came across acouple of 05-06 kawasaki ZX6R's (636). i really like the looks of this bike and all of the reviews ive read pretty much say that the bike beats any other (600cc) bike of its year in all comparisons. well my conflict is even thought i love the looks of the ZX6R i like the lookes of the 06-07 gsxr 600's a little better. the other thing is that all the reviews are saying that the zx6r is great but im having trouble finding un-biased opions. the only people i find to talk to about them is the owners selling them (which obviosly there not gonna say bad things about somthing there trying to sell) and my friends which all say its a good bike but to buy gsxr instead (because thats what they all ride). So which bike would you pick? please dont tell me another choice, just between the 2 which one.......

2005-2006 Kawasaki ZX6R(636)

2006-2007 Suzuki GSXR 600

Edited by jcm1689

the gsxr yes the zx6r no. ive taken my friends gsxr's around my neighborhood and stuff but ive never wanted to take someone else's bike out on the busy roads. i like the way it feels but i dont know if ill like the zx6r better. no one is gonna let me test drive a zx6r unless they have money in hand in case it gets wrecked (which is understadable) the only problem is i wont have the money till my burban sells and i really wanna figure this out before it sells so once it does i can go out and get something. just sitting on the bike i like the feel of the zx6r better but i dont know how it feels riding it. so idk.......

• 3 months later...

Well i ended up with a zx6r. Its a 2006, i bout it from a used bike dealership with 1600 miles on it for $7000. its pretty much in show room condition only one miner scratch on where the seat meets the tank. Besides that its got and intake. yosh slip on. blue double bubble windscreen. frame sliders and swing arm spools. since the pics i got a rear seat cowl for it. had the rearsets powdercoated black. removed the rear pegs and the gay lookin bracket that was hanging down surrounding the exhaust. it was pretty much usless i though it was to mount the plate to but the plate doesnt fit the mounting holes are way to close together so it would require major modification to make it fit and i thought it looked tacky anyways. and i also threw my 30,000k hid's on

l_6b7aff15b5a261acc33ab457b3a02949.jpg

l_a0c91986c3a244e629cf6e26b95dbcca.jpg

l_ba92824b8e54a256898c71ca610ee3c9.jpg

l_c7a68c5bb26694041aa277d88ec7870e.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Congrats on the bike bro....you make the right choice.

The wife and I just traded in her GXSR and I am so glad. My wife can totally confirm for you how much I hated that bike. The throttle control was horrible, the slipper clutch was totally designed wrong and continually lost adjustment, which in return affects the clutch engagement/adjustment, The brakes have got to be the worst that I have ever seen on a bike. It was the biggest pile of crap i've ever owned.

I've ridden many 636's and they are bad azz bikes. From someone who's put on well over 50,000 miles on 2 wheels...trust me when I say "you made the right decision!!"

Be safe...Gear up...and Learn the bike. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask away.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Be safe...Gear up...and Learn the bike. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask away.

x2

spend the cash on a good set of leathers or a jacket at least and a good helmet.... roadrash sucks

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio