not a bad go at it for a first time pod.?

couple tips for next time.  don't secure the fleece to the inside of the rings.  just pull it tight over and then remove the soaked fleece off the front of the speaker ring after it's cured.  will make for much cleaner final product.  the resin that soaks in will "glue" the fleece to the ring at the edge.  may need to invest in an air angle sander.  i got mine from Lowes for like 45 bucks.  it's a 2" disc sander.  works great for medium size surfaces and shaping odd stuff.

Wasn't going to post a comment,  but You did a great job for the first time dude.  Bet you get addicted to it.  It's What happened to me.  But what it does for looks and sound makes it addicting. It gets costly and itchy ha ha and stinky . And pisses the wife off because of smell.

Yeah my girlfriend hates the smell. I did this when it was about -10° outside so I would go to the garage, lay down the glass, then bring it inside and put it in our bathroom to cure. She didn't like that too much. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Turned out nice I have to try and do something to make my door pods look pretty

2000th post woot woot

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Wow, you made short work of that!  Turned out good man.  Does it sound the way you had hoped having speakers right there????

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

8 hours ago, Karkov said:

Wow, you made short work of that!  Turned out good man.  Does it sound the way you had hoped having speakers right there????

Thank you! Yeah it sounds great! I have the speakers in the pod turned down quite a bit more than the doors so they aren't over powering. The staging is actually pretty good once I did some tweaking with the tuning. All 4 mids hit your ears at the same time. And now you can clearly hear the music right along with the bass. Everything is nice and balanced. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived