r_sherrer29 Silverado Build

On 1/3/2017 at 11:04 PM, r_sherrer29 said:

I have gone through tons of ideas and I am still not sure what route I want to go with the sub stage at this point. My problem is that I still need to have my back seats so Its not an option to rip them out and go big at this point. I am extremely pleased with the Skar components but a realllly miss bass. This was the 6th order I previously had in the truck with a single X-8. I never got numbers but it got down for a single 8 for sure. The box was made by Daniel Powell with J.E.C.A.R. audio. He makes awesome shit and I would recommend him to anyone. But unfortunently, I needed the full back seat. It was sitting on the right side with the 1/3rd side of the seat folded up, loading off the ceiling. 

WHO needs back seats???? 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Keith77 said:

WHO needs back seats???? 

Well...I wish I didn't but for now it is what it is. One day, one day.

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Nice whip. Neat project you have going. Please deaden those doors. Dig where this is going and gotten to. You gotta be proud, and love it  well done. 

I really appreciate that man. My 3 focus's right now are deadening the doors, adding a new sub stage, and further system tuning. The box is proving to be extremely difficult...

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

4 hours ago, r_sherrer29 said:

What kind of acoustic foam are you using and do you have any pics of how you layered yours in the door to help? The rattles seem to be 95% plastic now. I am also getting rattles from the door pop up lock. That thing might bother me the most. I appreciate the input big time!

I like to use Dynamat Dynoliner. It comes in rolls with a self adhesive back and they have 4 thickness's to choose from. Not too pricey but it works well IMO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQOR4C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1UCXBWEJU31E7&coliid=I1OFVHTEWTGWN4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQOR4C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1UCXBWEJU31E7&coliid=I1OFVHTEWTGWN4

1 minute ago, bcbrassard said:

I like to use Dynamat Dynoliner. It comes in rolls with a self adhesive back and they have 4 thickness's to choose from. Not too pricey but it works well IMO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQOR4C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1UCXBWEJU31E7&coliid=I1OFVHTEWTGWN4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQOR4C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1UCXBWEJU31E7&coliid=I1OFVHTEWTGWN4

I have more than 200 sq-ft of the peel and stick stuff but Im just not sure exactly how to use it most effectively. I was looking at the second skin line and am thinking I will be needing some of their thicker stuff. But right now just trying to skim good builds and see how they deadened. If anyone has links to good threads with it, I would appreciate it. 

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

IMG_2477_zpshgx2tigj.jpg

Inside the doors. I try to put 80-90% coverage inside. Its a bitch and takes time but so worth it all the swearing and bleeding. I like to cut the pieces into some manageable sized squares to fit thru the largest opening.

IMG_2426_zpsr0mbz3id.jpg

Then do the same with the acoustic foam over your deadener, roll the shit out of it and your good.

IMG_2479_zpsgz2twmsl.jpg

I used the FAST RING system also on this build and really happy with how good these speakers sound.

IMG_2482_zps6fqq9poe.jpg

This is a good pic where you see how well i covered the inside with acoustic foam. 

IMG_2484_zpsxm9epzi4.jpg

RF T3 6.5" comps on 110 watts RMS. Sounds really good in these solid doors!

• love the foam in the doors.  I did 100% coverage with Rattle Trap XXX/Jute foil backed padding lightly glued down, then carpet. in my bronco.  I have had ZERO rattles, and the body resonance is completely gone.  I may go back and do the SS overkill foam in the doors at some point but so far it hasnt been an issue.

20131122_140341%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jp

2 minutes ago, jimdog32526 said:
  • love the foam in the doors.  I did 100% coverage with Rattle Trap XXX/Jute foil backed padding lightly glued down, then carpet. in my bronco.  I have had ZERO rattles, and the body resonance is completely gone.  I may go back and do the SS overkill foam in the doors at some point but so far it hasnt been an issue.

20131122_140341%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jp

Ya i like the total coverage affect myself. But the foam helps even more so. 

10 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_2477_zpshgx2tigj.jpg

Inside the doors. I try to put 80-90% coverage inside. Its a bitch and takes time but so worth it all the swearing and bleeding. I like to cut the pieces into some manageable sized squares to fit thru the largest opening.

IMG_2426_zpsr0mbz3id.jpg

Then do the same with the acoustic foam over your deadener, roll the shit out of it and your good.

IMG_2479_zpsgz2twmsl.jpg

I used the FAST RING system also on this build and really happy with how good these speakers sound.

IMG_2482_zps6fqq9poe.jpg

This is a good pic where you see how well i covered the inside with acoustic foam. 

IMG_2484_zpsxm9epzi4.jpg

RF T3 6.5" comps on 110 watts RMS. Sounds really good in these solid doors!

Really like this, thank you! I have some on the door skin but I will be putting way more now and then putting foam on. What foam are you using and does it have a stickey back or do you have to use some spray adhesive? 

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Yea I Think theres some stuff made by Second Skin (I think), or they used to make it, that has 2 layers.  Like a harder polymer thin membrane attached to some Closed Cell High Density foam, that is supposed to be similar to what they use in High End Luxury cars to make them super quiet.  I am not sure who made it though.

Archived