Rocbola Posted January 12, 2017 Author Report Posted January 12, 2017 Body ground near the spare tire tools. 1 amp wired up for now. Alpine MRV-1507 on a single Alpine Type-R 15". Still more to come.
Rocbola Posted January 18, 2017 Author Report Posted January 18, 2017 Got the latest video up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFpFnoIYW4 I bought a JL Audio remote level control/line driver. That will be the next thing installed. Then, i'll set the gain with my DD-1. The front stage will be the next project after that. Thanks for watching my build. It sound pretty nice so far. I love that old MRV-1507.
Rocbola Posted January 23, 2017 Author Report Posted January 23, 2017 Got a demo video up. I finally bought a descent camera, so i figured i'd take a high quality video of where i'm at so far. One sub installed, one amp in. Sooooooo much more to do!!! I am happy that i finally got some bass going, though. I'll report back once i get the line driver/remote level control in, and set the gains with my DD-1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRk9B74K_10
Rocbola Posted February 4, 2017 Author Report Posted February 4, 2017 Going slow lately. I've been sick and i work full time. I got the JL Audio line driver/remote volume control hooked up to the sub amp, and then i tuned the gain with my DD-1.
notorious97200 Posted February 4, 2017 Report Posted February 4, 2017 Those V12 were THE thing back in the days ! Tuned in for more. ? black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Rocbola Posted February 4, 2017 Author Report Posted February 4, 2017 I got the video of the line driver install uploaded. I probably shouldn't have pointed my new HD camera at myself while i'm sick, lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvOONmwd1ps&
Rocbola Posted March 15, 2017 Author Report Posted March 15, 2017 I got one of the V12 MRV-1507 amps fixed. It had a bad diode and a bad transistor, plus a few bad solder joints. The cool part was that i sent it off to a guy who makes youtube videos of his amp repairs (kev31779) and he made a video of the important parts of the repair. I am preparing to put in a second 15" subwoofer, and build a box for both of them. I bought the second woofer, so in order to, one, test the freshly fixed amp, and two, start breaking in the new woofer, i installed the new woofer with the freshly fixed amp. Sorry, didn't take any still pics, but i got some video of this step. Next will either be the new box build or the front stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9pVfop8cx4
bcbrassard Posted March 15, 2017 Report Posted March 15, 2017 How do you like your HU? I just installed on into my daughters Sidekick and i was surprised how good of a HU it was for $105. Nice crossover points, easy to navigate around and sounded clean. I like your equipment, tuned in to how this turns out. Keep up the good work man.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.