Sonic Electronix

First "Real" Sub installed...barely any output? Help!!

you basing your math on the wrong thing

amplifiers create AC voltage. the amperage is determined by the load,

dont plug wattage into that calculator you are using and change the load, plug in voltage, like 40v ,then change the resistance between 1 and 4 ohms and watch what the amperage and wattage does.

try this trick, unhook your sub from the amplifiers and use your drill battery to pop test the sub, hook the positive wire to the positive side of the battery and the negative to the negative side momentarily, this should give you a pretty pronounced thump. if it doesnt there are two possibile issues, one the voice is wired back wards on one coil, or your subwoofer magnet didnt get magnetized before it left the factory, yes this has happened and its happened to me.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

17 hours ago, strangeduck said:

if you only get 10v from the speaker terminals with no sub attached you might have a serious issues. even a headunit with 1v outputs with the gain cranked that amp should do more.

Its a JVC KD-SR60, had it confused with my other cars headunit. ill be picking up the 3.5mm to RCA tonight to test that then go from there.

Battery pop-test will tell you if it's the sub or not. Like madvibes said. I'd start there. You've ruled out the RCAs it seems, so that leaves the HU, amp, and sub. pop-test the sub, then we'll go from there.

5 hours ago, reedal said:

Battery pop-test will tell you if it's the sub or not. Like madvibes said. I'd start there. You've ruled out the RCAs it seems, so that leaves the HU, amp, and sub. pop-test the sub, then we'll go from there.

Ill try that next....really praying the sub/amp isnt the problem. Would be pretty dissapointed if i bought a sub or amp that doesnt work right. Ill try the pop test tomorrow morning and go from there. Thanks again for all the help everyone. Im determined to get this system bumping!!

If you hook + to + and - to - then the cone should move out. If it moves in then it is backwards. Do this for both coils one at a time. This will ensure that one is not hooked up backwards. Then get that RCA for your phone to test.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Update!! Redid my grounds and that seemed to be the problem. Sub seems to be pounding now but one more issue im having is when im running full tilt at idle my amp goes into protect mode due to voltage drop. I was hoping the 350amp alt would be enough to maintain voltage at idle but its looking like ill need a backup battery. I just bought a starter battery less than a half of a year ago so i was hoping to just keep that one up front and just run an XS Power battery in the back with the sub as my second battery. What size XS Power Battery would you guys recommend? I really dont want to have to deal with voltage drop at all. 

Archived