Second Skin Audio

Can you still lay rock/metal on a box tuned to 32hz?

Wannabe

I played alternative metal all the time on my old box and it was tuned to 26

4 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Would you care to expand on "there is more than just the tuning frequency"? i know the mids will play a huge role in how rock will sound but any other considerations? all the boxes i have built so far are for people who like lots of bass and listen to rap. I personally like metal first then country then rap. i am planning a box but was considering sealed due to not knowing what to take into account for a ported box that is musical.

The frequency response you get from a sub is determined by a lot more than just the tuning frequency.  Box net volume and subwoofer specs are equally important.  You could have two identical boxes loaded with different subs and get very different results.  One sub could be great for rock music while the other sub in an identical box could be completely unacceptable.  Furthermore, different vehicles will have different cabin gain which will also have a big effect on how a system sounds.  A sub/box that sounds great in one vehicle could sound like trash in a different vehicle. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

bass/kick drum is usually around 32-45Hz 45 is what a lot of producers like to 'enhance' the bass at

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived