Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience when coming out of college knowing what to ask for your salary or benefits for your first job?

Place I am working at now hires in interns in quite a bit lower than the average. Rumor from someone that has worked here for 20 years is that they are 21k below state average for level 1 engineer. They do make it up with an average bonus of 20% per year (pretty consistent over last 25 years) but that still puts me 12k short of state average.

Am I looking to far into salary? The place I work now is super laid back and i really enjoy working there.

With all that said I can have my father get me a job a 5K over average but it also is as strict as you can get. 

Other big thing for me is room to grow current company would take 10-15 years to be a leader and my father said 3 to 5 for his work....

What would you do?

1349713160_rte.png

I'm so wishy washy with it. I have like 3 months to decide since I'm still in school right now...

and that lower paying job would have people who didn't go to college making as much as me in 2 years of working there....

I feel like 7 years of college and a real degree is worth more than a person who came out of high school and started working...

1349713160_rte.png

See like today we got in a new toy.

they let me take the day to use the new toy as much as i wanted. (stay tuned in for a sky high wire composition test)

I can use the cnc plasma table as much as i want with scrap from work too

There are so many reasons to stay here other than money

1349713160_rte.png

18 minutes ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

I feel like 7 years of college and a real degree is worth more than a person who came out of high school and started working...

I could not disagree more with this statement.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

16 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

I could not disagree more with this statement.

That puts some of the guys that would work under me making more than me....

I don't think you should make more than your boss no matter how many years you've been at a company

1349713160_rte.png

I'm a little confused. How would guys working under you make more? And how would you be their boss if they had been there 7 years before you and already had real world experience?

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

9 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

I'm a little confused. How would guys working under you make more? And how would you be their boss if they had been there 7 years before you and already had real world experience?

I've heard of Production Technician workers making more than their Supervisors. This is pretty common. It's not what you know but who you know.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

21 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

the engineers at my work have the tool room work under us. 

1349713160_rte.png

Archived