And they will. Once they prove it. Just saying you're an engineer doesn't make it so if you get my drift. Think about all the ducking retards you went to school with who graduated but don't know a damn thing. They get to say they're an engineer too. You have to be willing to come in and show you got skills and talent not come in and say I'm an engineer damnit. I'm worth more than a guy who can weld his balls off. Remember those guys are critical as well. Tool room guys too. Let shit not be in inventory when it's supposed to and you'll see how critical they are. 

My my last two positions I took less money to get in the door because I knew I'd make it up. If you know you're shit you know you're shit and it will be evident

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

3 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

And they will. Once they prove it. Just saying you're an engineer doesn't make it so if you get my drift. Think about all the ducking retards you went to school with who graduated but don't know a damn thing. They get to say they're an engineer too. You have to be willing to come in and show you got skills and talent not come in and say I'm an engineer damnit. I'm worth more than a guy who can weld his balls off. Remember those guys are critical as well. Tool room guys too. Let shit not be in inventory when it's supposed to and you'll see how critical they are. 

My my last two positions I took less money to get in the door because I knew I'd make it up. If you know you're shit you know you're shit and it will be evident

Well nothing has been officially offered yet. I am basing that the number that has been thrown out isn't enough because of my bills. I know it's a shitty way to try for me to base what I am going to ask but I have a for sure in at another company for 20k more. 

I think, in my opinion, I have proven myself in the company I intern at. I have headed projects that are as big if not bigger than my bosses. They also come to me for help just as I go to them. I guess when I have that actual number on a paper I will have some deciding to do. Who knows right now what the next 3 months will hold too. I was just looking at that number someOne told me and thinking I should have skipped college and started working right away. 

1349713160_rte.png

And if they don't pay you what the other company will then you have leverage to negotiate. That's part of the game. Just don't say anything until you have a formal offer. You may be able to negotiate your rate never know 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

46 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

And if they don't pay you what the other company will then you have leverage to negotiate. That's part of the game. Just don't say anything until you have a formal offer. You may be able to negotiate your rate never know 

That's what the plan is. I'm meeting with a career advisor who specializes in engineering next week. 

I just need need a good baseline to decide what's my number and what to expect. 

1349713160_rte.png

I think hoss will agree. He get he was worth more when he started. You gotta prove it man. First job Is always eye opening especially if you have a mountain of student loan debt 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

4 hours ago, bighossf150 said:

how much are you expecting to start at?

50k is good for me. Guaranteed that is.  Not that bonus will make up the difference

rumor has it 42k is what they'll offer me and 20% bonus is what they average. 

My my father can get me in 100% for sure where he is at starting at 63k and they get an average bonus of 40% so it's looking like that's my front runner. 

1349713160_rte.png

I get the state average is artificially high for averages of salaries in Michigan because of the car companies. 

I have a good amount of debt that needs to be payed and if I could make more from my part time employer than the place that employed me full time then I find that my degree isn't worth the time I spent, or the company that is offering me a full time job with a low wage isn't where I will fit in then 

1349713160_rte.png

The best part of this is that you have options. 63k out of school is actually really good. Especially for that area. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived