Zapco LX series

06RTCharger

Anyone have any personal experience with this brand? Im looking at the Z-400.2LX. The LX seems to be there "SQ" line up. But also the ZX-500.2 looks like it would work perfect for me, lil more power than the LX. Either one i would be running bridged. At 8ohm, one amp per sub. That is if they are able to do 8ohm bridged. 

Not lookin good. Some reviews sayin some certain series got issues and burn up and all kinds of BS. But then some series work perfect and sound amazing. Some amps being made in china, some in korea. Whys this caraudio shit gotta be so complicating lol. I find something that looks real good then research more and start seeing bad reviews.

anyone here used these amps? 

14 hours ago, TheMonolith2001 said:

I have a Zapco ZX500.2 and it is by far my favorite amp. It's what finally got me to give up using old school gear. 

Yah im just going to try them out. Hopefully all goes great. Im planning on using the Z400.2LX, but i was strongly considering the ZX500.2 because of the extra output. Id be using them bridged with subs wired to 8ohm. 

What are u powering with ur 500.2?

14 hours ago, TheMonolith2001 said:

I have a Zapco ZX500.2 and it is by far my favorite amp. It's what finally got me to give up using old school gear. 

Have u ever benched the amp? I was wondering if the ratings are rms or peak, im assuming rms because they are a well established brand but you never know.

8 minutes ago, deathcards said:

make sure it is zapco not a knockoff or it will burnup

Lol yah, i always try to buy from authorized dealers. The atrendusa site is the one i'd use, its their authorized usa online dealer.

i guess thats where some of those bad reviews were coming from lol, buying knockoffs or poor installs. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in the Zapco 150.6 lx amp. Damn expensive but I like the fact it doesn't have crossovers and such that could fail. I do all my crossovers on my HU.

I am going to continue to research it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, 06RTCharger said:

Yah they look pretty good. If you find any bad stuff about those LX series, let me know. 

The two things I don't like is one there is no bass knob if you were going to bridge 5-6 for a sub, and the freaking price. Otherwise I really want an amplifier without all the crossover crap on them. I don't need it because I use my head unit for that.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived