Second Skin Audio

Decreasing tuning frequency: slot port wall

That looks real good. How would you cut the radius? I would almost extend the bump in the middle to come all the way to the port or even extend into the port slightly so if you were to sweep a ruler along the radius, there would be no place that would be more than 2.5 inches until both sides actually meet in the port.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

maybe someone can tell me how adding a v in the port will effect box volume? I could see it effecting the port volume and length. Teach me.

The way I see it, the V will occupy space that is not currently part of the port. The space is not currently part of the port because where the port ends is too far away from the back wall.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

3 hours ago, strangeduck said:

maybe someone can tell me how adding a v in the port will effect box volume? I could see it effecting the port volume and length. Teach me.

Because his port is 5 inches wide, where the port bends it is 4 inches from the back of the box and not 2.5inches like it should be (half the port width).

So due to that the port length stops when the port bends (which also makes the bends in the port useless due to them not helping with the port tuning), which also means that is where the port displacement stops.

Adding the V to the back of the box where the port does not extend to is displacing box volume and not port volume because the V is not in the port.

See awesome MS Paint skills below.

Current effective port volume with or without the V.
IMG_0530.jpg

Port volume would be increased if he went with the method I suggested, since the length of the port, and the port width would be correct through the bends of the port.

port splitter.jpg

Hey Duck, thats an excellent point you made.  Im glad I made this post, its been helpful!  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived