Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

I would gain match one amp on each sub.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

1 driver on each amp paralleled to 1 ohm... gain matched to balance output... I'm sure those beauties have some headroom left at 1 ohm

Nice amps... I wouldn't play games with them... just be sure your electrical is up to the task!

Good advice above ... 2 ohm strapped WILL be some SERIOUS POWER by the way ... don't forget your electrical... this is a common mistake and a bad one...

Really nice amps by the way... I'd hate to starve them for juice or end up smokin' them... a sad reality I've seen far too many times...

5 hours ago, 1gggman1 said:

Good advice above ... 2 ohm strapped WILL be some SERIOUS POWER by the way ... don't forget your electrical... this is a common mistake and a bad one...

Really nice amps by the way... I'd hate to starve them for juice or end up smokin' them... a sad reality I've seen far too many times...

My thinking is this: if both amps can be strapped @ 2ohm and they provide enough power @ 2ohm to run his two D2's in series parallel,   then I think that's the perfect scenario. 2ohm load is less of a demand on the electrical than 2 amps wired @ 1ohm per. Right? Let me know what you think 

The power to the subs and the power demand from the electrical will be the same either way. When amps are strapped at 2 ohms, each amp sees 1 ohm. Strapping does lend itself to do a neat experiment. If you can get on a meter, you can wire the subs two different ways to get 2 ohms. You could do coils of a sub in series with both subs parallel for 2 ohms. Or you can do coils of a sub in parallel with the subs in series for 2 ohms. Maybe one way is louder? Maybe they are the same? 

Now I want two amps to strap. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

3 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

My thinking is this: if both amps can be strapped @ 2ohm and they provide enough power @ 2ohm to run his two D2's in series parallel,   then I think that's the perfect scenario. 2ohm load is less of a demand on the electrical than 2 amps wired @ 1ohm per. Right? Let me know what you think 

Your thinking is flawed and wrong.

Edit - I don't like strapped boards. Prefer gain matching. And have tested both. I will gain match every time. 

The end result will probably be the same... I believe anyone on this forum would love to have those amps layin' around... BUILD TIME!

Do it right and I'm sure you'll be happy... If your end result has one problem... It'll probably be FLEX... LOL!

Archived