OEM integration

So, I'm looking into replacing my aftermarket stereo with an oem one and using an iPad slider kit on my 2011 silverado. I have worked with a 360.2 in the past, but the car I installed it in had a subwoofer output coming out of the stock stereo. Here is my question, how do I get a subwoofer signal coming out of the oem integration system if GM doesn't put subwoofer output wires coming out of the stock stereo? 

As always, thanks for the help in advance!

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

20 hours ago, baron_of_bass said:

The thing is some dsps have line output converters brother. I'm asking what do you do if your stock stereo doesn't have a subwoofer output signal to convert.

most use the rear speaker signal to tap. Just be aware of the possibility of the factory HU to either attenuate or filter the lower frequencies on these newer vehicles.

30 minutes ago, tripsicks said:

ahh, does your silverado have a factory subwoofer under the console? or is it a bench seat?

if no factory sub i would run a second splice on the front left and right channels and go in to the subwoofer in section of the DSP..

13 minutes ago, reedal said:

most use the rear speaker signal to tap. Just be aware of the possibility of the factory HU to either attenuate or filter the lower frequencies on these newer vehicles.

Fuck ya.... What Reed said. You tap into a channel that dont have the lows,...  your fucked. Many newer, hell even older ish factory signals are pass band cut. You want lows, and if you tap into the front channels, you may only see 500hz to whatever. Even "tapping" into the rear shit, thats "suppose" to have lows, may be cut at 40hz and up, to keep the stock junk alive.

no sure where your from, but where im from, thats NO good for a subwoofer. Line output convertors, are for tapping into your 1988 chevy to add a sentrek amp. Even then, they suck.

You may need a DSP that SUMs the channels to net the band width you want. 

Can i ask why in the hell you want to go back to a OEM turd? 

I just want to retain the functions in the steering wheel, but I think I'm just going to get a 80prs and get the PAC Pro 5. Stock stereo is as much as the 80prs anyway. I'm going to push the HU back a few inches and run the iPad mini in front on the HU. 

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived