Second Skin Audio

How much power does FI Q 15 can take?

2k wouldn't scare me for daily, I put 1k apiece to my 3 10's rated at 600rms. Got to have have good voltage .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Don't know not a big hifonics fan very power hungry and don't know how clean there power is but at 2.8ohms not a lot of stress on the amp.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

4 minutes ago, Antoni Čović said:

Well, I have hifonics brutus 6000d around 1750rms on 2.8 ohm.. and 3kw+ on 0.7 ohm but not sure if stable. You think that would be okay? and will it be alot louder then my current alpine type r 15?

I'd rather have the Q than the type r. 

If you're holding solid voltage I'd have that amp pretty high up on the gain. Feed it some clean power, beat on it, feel the sub, if you think its too hot or if you smell it then turn it down. 

But I'd start high on the gain and work from there. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

2 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

I'd rather have the Q than the type r. 

If you're holding solid voltage I'd have that amp pretty high up on the gain. Feed it some clean power, beat on it, feel the sub, if you think its too hot or if you smell it then turn it down. 

But I'd start high on the gain and work from there. 

Right now gain is on about 55% with 2V headunit. And lowest voltage is at around 12.8.. I'm getting Q in about week or two.. but just want to make it's worth upgrading :)

Just now, Antoni Čović said:

Right now gain is on about 55% with 2V headunit. And lowest voltage is at around 12.8.. I'm getting Q in about week or two.. but just want to make it's worth upgrading :)

That from the type r would for sure be an upgrade. Now wired at 2 ohms you wont really open up that sub. 

Once you get it in and playing you should work on your electrical if you can. Replace batt under hood and group 31 in the back, i'd be you see solid voltage with that amp. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

32 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

That from the type r would for sure be an upgrade. Now wired at 2 ohms you wont really open up that sub. 

Once you get it in and playing you should work on your electrical if you can. Replace batt under hood and group 31 in the back, i'd be you see solid voltage with that amp. 

Hmm.. I have stock 75a alternator that i'm not planing on change.. and two 55ah batteries with 0 gauge wires.. amp have 3kw on 1ohm but Q 15 is realistically dual 1.4ohm so I don't know if hifonics will be stable on 0.7 ohm.

Archived