Second Skin Audio

3cu. ft. enclosure port length

The specs they give you with the sub are the Thiele / Small parameters. So basically you take the T/S parameters and plug them into a calculator program to find the optimal box for whatever you want to do. Two different programs come to mind and they are both free to download. One is called Torres Box Tuning Calculator and the other is called Winisd.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

When I input my t/s parameters in winisdpro. The program said my specs were inconsistent. I had to erase one of the numbers and let it auto fill. But I can't find xmax.  Can anyone guess the xmax?(this is what my sub looks like in the inside(without the damage). Do I really need the xmax in winisdpro?IMG_5265.thumb.JPG.e7b81fafb5a2eb26cfc99c9dff43a062.JPG

On 4/3/2017 at 5:28 PM, bolanorthhighlands said:

I have a box with (4)8" speakers. I want to make my (4)8" box into a (2)12" box.

goddammit bola no

I had the (4)8s box hooked up to my computer with a Sony xm-250. I had the two 6" holes laying face down on the carpet(making it sealed). But my cousin gave me a Sony sa-wa2500 sub. I had (4) gravity warzones. I sold two warzones. Now I only have 2 warzones. Then I ordered two more warzones. I still haven't gotten the subs I ordered. I'll probably get my money bacc. And end up with (2)12s.

I guess it would depend on the subwoofer displacement(I'm still not sure on my subs displacement). The whole box is made out of .75" mdf. only the front baffle is 1" thick. It's for two 12s.

What I'm trying to ask is, what is my prefab box tuned to?(this is the box I'm using now)

You_Doodle_2017-04-17T05_44_02Z.thumb.jpg.261ae95a07fa0ad537e286efdb1843bd.jpgIMG_5389.thumb.PNG.10ff9f59c49e0773c2314a15ec62ece3.PNG

So the ports on that box and 7/8" wide where they exit the front, but are 4.25" wide after they turn the corner at the back of the box?  Am I interpreting your drawing correctly?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

45 minutes ago, bolanorthhighlands said:

Yes that is right. It's a prefab box I'm using. I bought it like that. 

OK, wow.  The amount of fail in prefab boxes never ceases to amaze me.  

So based on those numbers and assuming .1 cu ft for sub displacement that box should have about 1.2 cu ft net volume per side, tuned to around 42 Hz, with a pathetic amount of port area (just over 11 sq in).  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived