Second Skin Audio

What is the best tuning hz?

There is no single "best" tuning or box sizing.  What is going to work best for your particular situation is going to depend on what kind of music you listen to, how much power you are going to be running, etc.  

As a general guideline, since you will be using this in your house where there will be much less cabin/room gain you are going to want to tune lower.  I'd suggest tuning to the lowest frequency you want to have good output down to.  Box size will depend on how much power you want to run. 

As far as getting loud for not a crap ton of money, you might consider something like this: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1514504-my-lilmike-microwrecker-lilmike-s-plans-thread.html  In terms of dB per dollars spent, I don't think anything else compares, it is not small though......

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

I plan on to get a AMPERE AUDIO 3.0 v2 12" and I wanted to know what is the best tuning hz for this subwoofer and enclosure sizing? Since this is going to be used for primarily music in my house there is nothing loud enough for my liking that is NOT a crap ton of money.

You don't have a sub yet so the easiest way to get low and loud (in a large place like a room) is a large sub and tune way low, say a 18" tuned to 20-25 Hz as an example. Bear in mind that large diameter subs of the same line are usually not much more expensive than lower diameter ones.

17 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

There is no single "best" tuning or box sizing.  What is going to work best for your particular situation is going to depend on what kind of music you listen to, how much power you are going to be running, etc.  

As a general guideline, since you will be using this in your house where there will be much less cabin/room gain you are going to want to tune lower.  I'd suggest tuning to the lowest frequency you want to have good output down to.  Box size will depend on how much power you want to run. 

As far as getting loud for not a crap ton of money, you might consider something like this: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1514504-my-lilmike-microwrecker-lilmike-s-plans-thread.html  In terms of dB per dollars spent, I don't think anything else compares, it is not small though......

I listen to Rock all types of rock, no copyright sounds music, bass boosted music basically there's so many others I listen to but that's the most common out of the rest. people have been telling me 32-35 hz and others have said 40-45hz i've not been sure what but I like it to sound it's best in sound and in some loudness? just while it's can be louder than my klipsch 300 watt 12" subwoofer. But I would like it to be with the subwoofer i've provided in my topic unless there is a much better one in a 12" other wise I will be staying in this subwoofer.

1 hour ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

I listen to Rock all types of rock, no copyright sounds music, bass boosted music basically there's so many others I listen to but that's the most common out of the rest. people have been telling me 32-35 hz and others have said 40-45hz i've not been sure what but I like it to sound it's best in sound and in some loudness? just while it's can be louder than my klipsch 300 watt 12" subwoofer. But I would like it to be with the subwoofer i've provided in my topic unless there is a much better one in a 12" other wise I will be staying in this subwoofer.

I definitely would not tune above 35 hz for your application.  Like I said previously, as a general guideline I'd tune to the lowest frequency you want to be able to play well. 30 Hz will cover most of the bass boosted music though there is some that goes even lower.

As far as the Ampere Audio sub goes, I'm sure that's a very good sub, but that doesn't mean its going to be good for your application.  Just like a Ferrari 911 is a really good car, but not when you want to haul yourself and four of your friends down to the movie theater.  Its all about having the right tool for the job. 

To be able to help you I need to know what are you going to be using for amplification?  How big of a box are you willing to have in your house?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

4 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I definitely would not tune above 35 hz for your application.  Like I said previously, as a general guideline I'd tune to the lowest frequency you want to be able to play well. 30 Hz will cover most of the bass boosted music though there is some to go lower.

As far as the Ampere Audio sub goes, I'm sure that's a very good sub, but that doesn't mean its going to be good for your application.  Just like a Ferrari 911 is a really good car, but not when you want to haul four of the friends down to the movie theater.  

To be able to help you I need to know what are you going to be using for amplification?  How big of a box are you willing to have in your house?

I was going to use a 2.0 cubic ft box and be tuned @ 32hz since I don't have a whole lot of room and for my amplifier I will be using a Crown XLS 2502

13 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

I was going to use a 2.0 cubic ft box and be tuned @ 32hz since I don't have a whole lot of room and for my amplifier I will be using a Crown XLS 2502

Thats a lot of power and not a lot of space to work with.  Its going to make things challenging.  Even with as much as 40 sq in of port area you are probably going to have port noise when you turn the volume up.  You are going to have a sizable peak in output in the mid 30 hz region as well.  

Given you size constraints your plan for 2 cu ft at 32 hz is probably about the best compromise you are going to get. 

Builds:

Archived