1st attempt@soldering

Put the Iron under the wire and add solder to the iron and watch the wire soak it up, once it begins to soak in you then add the solder to the top of the wire going up and down and add enough to finish the job.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The brown shit you are referring too is rosin.

Rosin is inside of 60/40 solder, also known as rosin core solder.

Solder for electronics uses rosin core flux, solder made for plumbing is an acid core flux.

This is what allows the solder to soak into the wire, without rosin the solder joint would be bad, the brown stuff is normal.

If the wire is stiff away from the solder joint that is due to solder penetrating the wire even deeper, its not bad.

If the wire is breaking after the joint like in your picture you probably broke a few strands of wire when you stripped it making it weaker due to less strands of wire.

The wire needs to be hot enough to flow the solder for a proper solder job, which is why your first one did not work as well as it should have.

Another thing is that you do not always need to use silver solder as it needs a higher temp to melt, regular solder on wires is easier, cheaper and quicker.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

12 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Put the Iron under the wire and add solder to the iron and watch the wire soak it up, once it begins to soak in you then add the solder to the top of the wire going up and down and add enough to finish the job.

Ill try that. I didnt think ur supposed to put solder directly to the iron. I had the iron under the wire for several seconds and tapped the solder to it to check if it melted it instantly, then when it did i pushed the solder into the knot until i seen it reach the ends of the knot and stopped. That worked better than my first try so thats good. Now im trying to solder wire to a tab-pin-whatever its called. This pin takes forever to heat up tho?

Theres no solder there but i been tryna heat that tab and its dificult, maybe because I switched to a shittier gun tip. 

Archived