Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dumb question here. I understand that two 4 ohm svc subs in parallel makes two ohms and if powered by a 1200 watt rms mono channel they would each see 600 rms. What I DONT know is if those 4 ohm subs were each DVC instead of svc and wired correctly to present that same 2 ohm load........then what? If each sub needs 600 rms per the manufacturer does that mean that each voice coil received only 300 watts rms? I know Im rambling but in order to drive them to their max rms would the 1200 watts do it or would I actually need 2400? Thanks in advance.

Posted

each coil would get 300, all you would need would be the 1200 watts. and just to be clear, they would have to be d2 coils to get the 2ohm final.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

That is a stereo amp and there is no spec for 1 ohm, so most likely it will not. You could try it and if it doesn't go into protect then it will probably work all the way up to the point where it doesn't. Seriously though, what subs do you have? I would run it in 2ohm stereo with one sub on each channel for now. I don't know if these amps do rated power some companies don't. I assume you picked it because it is waterproof, there is not much to choose from. Save up some money to get a mono block amp so you can run 1 ohm and then put this one on your front speakers.

Edit: I just looked through their whole website. Now I wish I had a boat. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1880 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...