Sonic Electronix

So i need to feed 4 10" prvs mids. They are 8ohms each at 500rms. I have enought room for a amp no longer then 12" L and 7"w. Im looking at 2 amps. One is Precision Power PPI P600.2 and the other is rockford fosgate r600.4. The ppi will give me 190 at 4 ohms so it would be 2 prvs per channel. Rf will give m 300x2 bridged at 4 ohms. 

What do you guys recommand. Looking for clean loud power. 

those drivers have a ridiculous power rating...but then again pro audio drivers are a different world. 

I would run the RF. But you are only going to be pushing 150 RMS to a 500 RMS woofer. Which really shouldn't matter...but something to think about. 

My guess is that maybe running a different driver would be better and maybe not a pro audio driver but thats up to you of course. The PRVs will work and I have used them before they are not bad, I just think they overrate their stuff a lot. Distortion gets to be an issue at high volumes but then again I was using a 6.5 mid in a home audio config so your mileage may vary. 

Loud is one thing, Loud and clean is a totally different. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Between the two at hand , I'd go Rockford because there amps for me have always given me clean clear powerful sound.  Also, just think out loud, wonder how the ppi 900.4 would do in power range. Say this because I've seen people use them and seem to like them. This is just going off what you listed. But yeah I added the thought of the ppi 900.4. in the mix.  Oh sound like your going to be loud one way or the other. Peace

The 900.4 is a strong amp. I bridged mine on a pair of tens on the work bench one time. The box was vibrating across the bench.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

So i currently am running a rf r600.4d for my 2 bullet tweeters on my rear deck and my front door 6" prv. As much as i didnt want to do this because its all neat, i went ahead and tried my 4 10" prv mids. 2 mids wired down to 4 ohms bridged per side. All i can say is why. Receiving a nice 300 watt, 150 per mid. The sound is so clean and very loud. Left everything just as is. Went ahead and bought a rf r400.4d for my tweets and front speakers. I believe the 400.4 will be more then enough for the tweeters and front doors. I still cant beleive how nice and clean the mids sound now. NO MORE POP ON TURN ON AND TURN OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Archived