Jump to content

Just picked up a new whip. She's a gas hog!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just managed to pick up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9l V8. I love it! It's crazy clean and cared for for a vehicle from 1998. Anyone have any good mod ideas for that magnum 360? Besides exhaust and intake. I've already decided on all 3" exhaust with an aero turbine AT3030 muffler

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

 

Posted

Congrats on the purchase! The exhaust is a good start and a high flow air filter and a performance coil would help too. Then it will use even more gas lol. I get a solid 9mpg. Empty, loaded, towing or not. I live about ten minuets away from work so its no big deal.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted
1 hour ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Congrats on the purchase! The exhaust is a good start and a high flow air filter and a performance coil would help too. Then it will use even more gas lol. I get a solid 9mpg. Empty, loaded, towing or not. I live about ten minuets away from work so its no big deal.

Yeah those are all definitely on the list. Also some 30x9.50r15 tires, new rims (nothing gaudy) supercharger, forged internals, cams, maybe a stroke?

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

 

Posted

A 5.9L!  Nice!  Those are cool Jeeps. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Heads, cam, and intake, 

The stock heads on the 5.9 are garbage and the intake manifold is really restrictive as well.

Those mods should gain you around 100hp.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted
2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Heads, cam, and intake, 

The stock heads on the 5.9 are garbage and the intake manifold is really restrictive as well.

Those mods should gain you around 100hp.

Yep I had read they are all garbage! Also, I'm blessed with a stock 150a alt on this Jeep even though I'm gonna replace it. I'm wanting to eventually run 4 12s. 

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

 

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Dude, where da pics???

2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9269 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...