Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a issue with my box. Vehicle is 99 grand Cherokee. It's 4.5 cubes at 32hz for 1 15 and it plays louder at 30hz and 40hz but at 35hz you can hear it but not as loud as 30hz. Before I had 2 12s in the same box and still did the same thing. Had a 6th order for the 12s and still did it. ive been trying to find online what my problem is but can't. I haven't sound deaden anything yet but I hopefully going to do it this weekend, would that even change anything? I wanted to make a new box for 2 15s 4th order but not sure I wanna waste time for the same out come. Could it be my headunit?  sony xb100bt or my amp? Cab 1600.1. 

 

Thanks 

Posted

No. Just by playing songs. Unless I can't hear around 35hz. I played animals by maroon by djdb 30hz 35hz 40hz.

Posted

Play pure test tones.  That may help.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Then y worry about it? If u want it louder get more cone area and more power. Also build a proper enclosure ment for your woofer. Not one you had two 12s in then refaced for a 15.

Posted

The reason to play pure tones is to ensure 35Hz is actually quieter than the other 2 frequencies you were concerned about.  Perhaps the complex arrangement of sounds and frequencies in a song is tricking your perception.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

I second playing test tones. That will tell you for sure if/what frequencies are quieter. One thing that could be going on is that your specific car is cancelling out those frequencies but I doubt it. I believe there is a way to test your RCA's out to see if the HU is losing those frequencies. I think it's by using a DMM to measure the output voltage of the RCA's. Play a sweep and see if it dips but I could be wrong. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

That or the port is so small and he is tuned to 35hz and bam, port compression

In an extreme case that seems feasible. 

OP, what are the specs on your enclosure? 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 714 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...