Second Skin Audio

18 Inch Subs

Alpine's BTLs will clear your intestines

-Drew

i know he knocked the wax out of my ears. :lol: i have never heard lolly pop pound like it did sunday

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Here is my opinion. The bigger the sub the lower the qaulity of sound. You have to sacrifice a little of this to get more of that. I think it will keep up but it wont sound as good as 12's and 15's but it will be louder. 18's are slower than subs that are smaller than them but that dont mean that the 18's is slow. When you are dealing with 18's the only thing you should be worrying about is your eardrums.

im gonna go ahead and jump on the "you are wrong" bandwagon....

RE XXX 18....top 3 quickest most responsive subs i have ever heard.

while common sense would dictate your statement has validity motor strength should compensate for cone mass on any decently designed sub.

Sorry bud, but my 2 18's can keep up with the fastest kick drum. 20+ years of playing drums, I would be the 1st to say 18's sucked for fast beats if they did.

And how would 18's affect your ear drums differently then 10's or 12's?

I think you could get just as much if not more hearing damage from ear buds then subs

I never said they couldnt. 18's can damage your eardrum differently than 10's 12's and 15's because they are bigger and louder. Use your head. Are 12's louder than 18's? NO!

I never said they couldnt. 18's can damage your eardrum differently than 10's 12's and 15's because they are bigger and louder. Use your head. Are 12's louder than 18's? NO!

Are you really going to say that 18's are, "by design" louder then other subs?

How does more cone area damage your ears more then less cone area?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I never said 18's are slow. All I'm really saying is that 18's dont hold a note better than a smaller woofer. Why do you think that 12's are the most popular. 18's do not sound better than 12's, they are just louder. Im talkin about sound qaulity not spl. Most audio retailers that you go to have a few 10's a few 15's but have a sh.. load of 12's. 12'' woofers are the best woofers on the market period and thats the bottom line case closed.

I never said 18's are slow. All I'm really saying is that 18's dont hold a note better than a smaller woofer. Why do you think that 12's are the most popular. 18's do not sound better than 12's, they are just louder. Im talkin about sound qaulity not spl. Most audio retailers that you go to have a few 10's a few 15's but have a sh.. load of 12's. 12'' woofers are the best woofers on the market period and thats the bottom line case closed.

damn did we find a cocky demanding noob???

ur bein a smart ass to the wrong ppl....u see that red writing under the name of man ur arguing w ???

he will send you rite back to where you came from if u arnt carefull!!

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Are you really going to say that 18's are, "by design" louder then other subs?

How does more cone area damage your ears more then less cone area?

Ok. the bigger the woofer the more aire it moves the more it f... up your ears. Whats louder a xxx 12 or a xxx 18? I allready know your answer. Now you get my point.

Here is my opinion. The bigger the sub the lower the qaulity of sound. You have to sacrifice a little of this to get more of that. I think it will keep up but it wont sound as good as 12's and 15's but it will be louder. 18's are slower than subs that are smaller than them but that dont mean that the 18's is slow. When you are dealing with 18's the only thing you should be worrying about is your eardrums.

But you did.

I guess you have never really been around anyone that can properly build a system. 18's will react just as well as any other cone. To think otherwise is just plain stupid.

Stores sell more 12's because they are an eaiser fit into more cars. Most cars won't give you enough air space for 15's let alone 18's. 2 12's will give more output then 1 15, by cone area alone

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Subs don't play louder as they get bigger, They can play lower. Clear difference in the 2

Because if it was the case then they would just make subs bigger to get louder

Archived