Sonic Electronix

Well they are dual 4 ohm coils on each sub, so you will want to wire each coil of the subwoofer in parallel to 2 ohms ( positive of each coil get wired together, the negative of each coil get wired together).

Then you will want to wire both subs together in parallel and hook them up to the amp for a 1 ohm load, or you can connect each speaker that is wired at 2 ohms direct to the amp for a 1 ohm load.
Its a mono block amp, so the 2 positive and 2 negative speaker connections are for ease of wiring and connected internally (there is no left and right).

2_4ohmdvc_1ohm.png

Your amp should power them good being wired at 1ohm, just make sure your not clipping the power to the subs and youll be fine.

So i wont be over powering them at 1ohm with my t1500? I also wanted to set the gain with the multimeter with the Voltage = square root of watts x ohms formula.  But if i connect them together would i use the 600 watt rms or because i conected them together it would be a 1200 watts ? I just want to conect it to its max potential without burning it. And i wont have clipping. I juat got my hands on a dd1 today. @admin

24 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Well they are dual 4 ohm coils on each sub, so you will want to wire each coil of the subwoofer in parallel to 2 ohms ( positive of each coil get wired together, the negative of each coil get wired together).

Then you will want to wire both subs together in parallel and hook them up to the amp for a 1 ohm load, or you can connect each speaker that is wired at 2 ohms direct to the amp for a 1 ohm load.
Its a mono block amp, so the 2 positive and 2 negative speaker connections are for ease of wiring and connected internally (there is no left and right).

2_4ohmdvc_1ohm.png

Your amp should power them good being wired at 1ohm, just make sure your not clipping the power to the subs and youll be fine.

So i wont be over powering them at 1ohm with my t1500? I also wanted to set the gain with the multimeter with the Voltage = square root of watts x ohms formula.  But if i connect them together would i use the 600 watt rms or because i conected them together it would be a 1200 watts ? I just want to conect it to its max potential without burning it. And i wont have clipping. I juat got my hands on a dd1 today.

17 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

2_4ohmdvc_1ohm.png

so right now that i have them at 4ohm each connected to the amp individually / 2 wires to the amp, at the moment i still have a 2 ohm load because of the amp is a mono block?

12 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

there is no way you have d4 subs wired at 4 ohms each unless you are just not using one of the coils. 

A clean 750 watts should be just fine.

how do i know im pitting 750 watts to the subs just by setting the gain with the dd1 and not over powering

Archived