New H.U.

So from my previous thread we now know that I need ANOTHER new head unit. So now I've been searching for a newer navigation style unit. I have seen some threads on here and most people have a. It of a lower budget $300-500. I' want to stay between $500-700. I've seen some cool kenwoods and an alpine. I'm curious on what some of you guys are running? I like the kenwoods on the fact they have a 13-band eq. Alpines run a 9 band. 

Models I have been looking at

kenwood dnx 893s

kenwood dnn992 ( can't really figure the difference between the two)

i don't want to get to deep into the SQ subject on here because everyone has a different idea of "sq". But I would like a nicer HU that's based on sq  or had great sq features.

thanks in advance

The 992 was released in 2015, the 893s was released in 2016 and is a more updated model.

The 893s has carplay, android auto, support for the iphone 7/7+, the 992 does not. The 893s also has and a stronger FM signal.

Kenwood has been using that same style chassis/screen/button combo for a few years now, so cosmetically they will look very similar on the outside with basic variations on audio and video inputs/output on the back and different feature sets depending on your budget.

So just because they looks the same doesnt mean they are the same, but they are fairly close and it really comes down to what you actually need, if you dont have a iphone 7/7+  and dont mind not having android auto then maybe the 992 is a better option since its a older discontinued model that you can probably fine at a nice discount, but then again Im pretty sure the 893s is discontinued as well and they have a newer replacement for it in 2017, but some sites still may have stock in it and still selling it like Crutchfield.

Yea I've seen both for sale still. My last unit was an alpine s920hd. Decent unit. I don't need any android as I'm an iPhone user, I just wanted some of the newer stuff like the Siri free or whatever it's called. So I can hands free text. Never used a kenwood I've always stuck with alpine, so I was just curious

80prs. 

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

25 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Yip, asking for DOUBLE DIN opinions im out, bring nothing to the table.

I hate, and cant stand any double din unit on the market. Would personally never ever run one.  So, good luck with your search. 

do any of the single din units have options like the text to speech? i do enjoy the higher end single din units but i kinda still want some of the other options to stay with. out of curiosity why do you dislike the double din units so much? 

15 hours ago, Ratski said:

The 80 prs. Is a dam good unit but I want to keep my double din with the other options. 

buy a gps/ charge ur phone from 80prs and use phone gps. 

single dins are the bees knees.

double dins, blah so laggy and unresponsive. cant load big usbs/hard drives ughhh dont wanna talk about it.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

3 hours ago, goldeneye4564 said:

double dins, blah so laggy and unresponsive. cant load big usbs/hard drives ughhh dont wanna talk about it.

That's really only my main gripe with the Double Dins, I bought a Pioneer avh4500 a long time ago and it's been pretty slow and all the demos of the new double dins don't seem to be any better in terms of speed and glitches. My AVH4500 is soooo glitchy sometimes especially when trying to play my large library off of my iPod.

1 hour ago, Rockbrook said:

That's really only my main gripe with the Double Dins, I bought a Pioneer avh4500 a long time ago and it's been pretty slow and all the demos of the new double dins don't seem to be any better in terms of speed and glitches. My AVH4500 is soooo glitchy sometimes especially when trying to play my large library off of my iPod.

was turning up my buddys denali the other day kenwood double din not sure of model but knob style volume,

usually i am a fan of knob style volume too of doubles because it is more responsive. turn to the right and it took like a whole 5 seconds for it to figure out i wanted volume to go up. 

junk, throw it out.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived