2000watts on stock 110amps alternator?

Hi There,

I know this topic is being mentioned million times, but I am trying to avoid any electrical problems with my car. 

My car - 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S
The max I am looking at is a 2000watts RMS sound system. A 1500watts RMS for my subs and a 500watts RMS for my mids and highs. Maybe some LED lighting too.

I have done the big three upgrade, and I am using the XS Power D1200 as my starting battery. I will get the XP3000 as my second one, and I'll run all zero gauge wires, along with 300amp fuses.
I know the best scenario would be upgrading my alternator as well, the only option I have its a 220amp alternator for $400, but I really don't want to spent that much on this car.

Do you guys think I will be good with my 110amp alternator?

Hook it up and find out.

I'm running similar wattage...have a 160A alt.....no secondary battery....and I only drop into the high 12s if i'm really pushing it.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Well this is an upgrade, my current setup is: Pioneer GM-D9605 1000RMS with two RF 12 T1, 600watts at 2ohms and CTSounds components in the front along with NVX coaxial's 6x9 in the back.

I see lots of voltage drops when the bass hits, the minimum i've recorded was 11.5 or something. I hope that this XP3000 might improve my voltage a bit, as I am planning to upgrade to a more powerful amps setup.

^^^^^^ this. Start with the xp 3000 with current setup and see what happens. You are adding more battery bank which will help but at the same time your alternator has to charge more battery so it's a trade-off. Keep us informed .

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

If you have a PCM controlled alternator then you may see the voltage swing from 12.5ish to 14.5ish without the sound system playing. Have you driven around before without playing your system to see how much the voltage swings normally?

EDIT: extra battery will help. But if your alt doesnt charge at 14+V all the time, then you may have to live with SOME voltage swing. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

WalledSonic

Yes my voltage does fluctuate a bit even when I am not playing the full system or I am not playing it at all. The best I can get from my alternator its 13.5, i've never seen better than that. 
I am not sure why it does it tho, maybe because the stock alternator sucks? Or maybe its just because that's the way its build. 

I will do more observations on my voltage. Thanks for your help guys. I will put my second battery on and see what voltage I get, I'll let you guys know. 

1 minute ago, Casper Netherlands said:

WalledSonic

Yes my voltage does fluctuate a bit even when I am not playing the full system or I am not playing it at all. The best I can get from my alternator its 13.5, i've never seen better than that. 
I am not sure why it does it tho, maybe because the stock alternator sucks? Or maybe its just because that's the way its build. 

I will do more observations on my voltage. Thanks for your help guys. I will put my second battery on and see what voltage I get, I'll let you guys know. 

its not because alt sucks. its because pcm regulates charging output of alt. pcm sees batt voltage resting at 12.9 pcm tells alt to lower voltage. save u monies on the fuels and the batts.

but for car audio guys - this is shit. especially when pcm sees outside temp is high so it lowers charging output AGAIN.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

4 minutes ago, goldeneye4564 said:

its not because alt sucks. its because pcm regulates charging output of alt. pcm sees batt voltage resting at 12.9 pcm tells alt to lower voltage. save u monies on the fuels and the batts.

but for car audio guys - this is shit. especially when pcm sees outside temp is high so it lowers charging output AGAIN.

Oh ok that makes a lot of sense. I never knew this, thanks for the info. 

Do you think the XP3000 will improve a little bit the voltage? Or at lest help it to not fluctuate a lot?

3 hours ago, twalker182 said:

Install the XP3000 and go from there.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived