Running out of ideas for where to put my backup cam

I have it mounted just above my hitch right now. Works for visibility. Sucks for depth perception. Need something higher looking down. But there's not many places to mount higher. Like. By the glass would be good but then the wiper's in the way a little bit. Any ideas here? I saw another user who put it inside the glass release button. Pretty slick. But my issue with that is it only looks out, not down. I wanted something like an aerial view looking down at the bumper as would an OE dash cam on basically any newer model car.

Any ideas? Possibly pics of what you've done with yours?

2005 Tahoe

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take a look at my Tahoe later to see if I can find a good spot you might be able to work with. What's the size of your car so I can have an idea of where it might work?

3 hours ago, reedal said:

I'll take a look at my Tahoe later to see if I can find a good spot you might be able to work with. What's the size of your car so I can have an idea of where it might work?

about 1.5" cube

I can get a different camera to suit a different location. Not worried about that

The only positions I can see/think of is where you have it (the plastic valance on my rear bumper has a bit of a curve to it above the hitch), or in the hatch release handle or glass release handle, but both of those would likely require an angled mount piece like eclipse mentions. I only suggest those because that's how it is mounted on my buddy's 2015 cummins, in the tailgate handle angled down. I think they also have the license plate mounts for most backup cams, but I don't believe that will deliver the angle you want.

Archived