Second Skin Audio

Cerwin Vega Stroker Pros

chewie

hey guys. new to the board here.

steve. i love your videos. keep up the great work.

anyhow im located in michigan. and have been into car audio for a few years now.. started with rockfords old punch he2 you know the good old school stuff. been through mtx. audiobahn. directed. kicker.. the list goes on.

anyways. i have always loved cerwin vegas home audio. its simply amazing.

i just recently purchased two cerwin vega vmax 15s just to get me bumpin again.

had my lincoln towncar stolen with two rockford team rf 15s and two hifonics xx chaos amps. a bit under powered i know but it was all i could afford at the time. '

anyways these vmaxes really suprised me. alot louder than i anticipated. although they have a measly 17 mm of excursion(xmax)

im looking into buying two cerwin vega stroker pros. 15 inch. and was wondering what you guys think about them. i know about the old school strokers and they were the shit back then and even still today. i personally wont touch a mtx or audiobahn. mtx is distortion and audiobahn likes to go pop .

the 15s will be going into a 93 caddy i plan on venting the trunk into the main seat area. the trunk uses a motor to pull down airtight and the trunk is sealed off from the rest of the car.. so thats gotta go.

im thinking of having a additional battery in the trunk to act as a capacitor . i wouldnt need additional alternators or anything crazy like that with this moderate power setup would i ?

im a hifonics fanboy. love it or hate it.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

The new stroker pros seem to get mixed reviews. People either seem to love them, or hate them. A member started a thread not too long ago about him building a system with stroker pro's, and it turned into a relatively heated debate...so it all depends on who you ask as to how good they are.

How much power are you planning on running? I cant remember the exact amperage of the older style caddy alt's but if you are planning on running something like you were before (power wise) I am pretty sure you are going to need a bigger alternator, an extra battery or 2, and of course the big 3.

I personally would say get the stroker pro's since not that many people are running them, so you will definately be different from everyone else.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

well im looking at the proper box dimensions and as far as fitting two stroker pro 15s in the proper ported box. i think is out of the question. is there a way to compensate for box volume? i could make preety much the entire trunk the box and build ports on the metal seat divider. right now im kinda confused as to what i could do.

heres the box spefications per speaker i need double what they say.

http://www.cerwinvegamobile.com/CVM_enclosures.html

scroll down to stroker pro 15 in the ported section. and it calls for 4.0 cubic feet wiht40 sq.in. of port area and 14.4"port lenght. tuned to 40 hz with a net volume of 3.38 cu.ft. remember this is for a single speaker. i need double this.

the trunk is big but not quite that big. is it even possible to use the trunk as a box just build a mounting wall ? and port the seat divider? what would i need to do to make this work?

thanks alot im kind of at a stand still

i really dont wanna touch a sealed setup. i find it has more overall strain on components.. amps alternators and such.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

well im looking at the proper box dimensions and as far as fitting two stroker pro 15s in the proper ported box. i think is out of the question. is there a way to compensate for box volume? i could make preety much the entire trunk the box and build ports on the metal seat divider. right now im kinda confused as to what i could do.

heres the box spefications per speaker i need double what they say.

http://www.cerwinvegamobile.com/CVM_enclosures.html

scroll down to stroker pro 15 in the ported section. and it calls for 4.0 cubic feet wiht40 sq.in. of port area and 14.4"port lenght. tuned to 40 hz with a net volume of 3.38 cu.ft. remember this is for a single speaker. i need double this.

the trunk is big but not quite that big. is it even possible to use the trunk as a box just build a mounting wall ? and port the seat divider? what would i need to do to make this work?

thanks alot im kind of at a stand still

i really dont wanna touch a sealed setup. i find it has more overall strain on components.. amps alternators and such.

It sounds like you are thinking about a free-air box, and no that wouldn't work well with these subs. What kind of car are you wanting to install these in? that will allow us to help you out better.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

It sounds like you are thinking about a free-air box, and no that wouldn't work well with these subs. What kind of car are you wanting to install these in? that will allow us to help you out better.

a 93 caddilac deville with the electronic pull down trunk.

the trunk isnt very tall but its preety deep can that substitute for height? ill have some measurements for you guys soon.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

the caddy trunks are big but 8 cu^ft is a lot, you could do it but there would be no air flowage. also you have to account for the port area. put simply i dont think you will be able to fit two of them in there. i'd just put one then a shit load of power to it and be happy. otherwise how much do you like you back seats muahaha

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

this is what i was planning on doing. building walls on the sides of the trunks sealed to the back of the seat then divide so there is two chambers. unless there is no need to do this. .. its a steel plate wall supporting the back of the seat . i was going to cut and x pattern out by cutting out four triangles. that way the seat is still supported but air will go into the cabin. i can paint the steel on the outside and put some nice cerwinvega stickers and the seat can go back in place once its needed for seating.

i was thinking of having the face of the subs be around 10 inchs away from the trunk latch that way i can mount and unmount them and still have room for some amps. they will be angled on the left and right rear of the car near the tail lights.

the batterys can go down where the spare tires are. im thinking two wired in parrallell should be sufficient..

ill have pictures of the trunk and measurements for you guys soon. i really wanna make two 15s work. but will settle for 12s if i have to. ive heard box volume can be made up for by port space. is this true ? if so ill make the back seat divider the ports.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

yes it has the rear arms rest and i was planning on venting into the cabin through there.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

thats what im gonna be doing to my fleetwood. and im taking out the rear 6x9's and have the ports point where they where. check out my rear pods build in the fiberglass section. i'll be building a box soon for my btl. maybe it'll give you some ideas. i had to replace my trunk latch motor from the last system. the damn thing was $140!

Archived