Second Skin Audio

Another 45 Degree Corner Question....

Ok, I tried the search, but have only found limited info on the 45 degree corners.

I have seen Steves resin corners, and his metal ones in the Civic, and pics of wooden ones, too.

Is there anything wrong with just fiberglassing them with the rest of the inside of the box??

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

anytime you elmimnate standing waves you improve sound and usually spl

standing waves are found on large flat panels and 90 degree angles

so resin corners are a pretty good option

the most common is to use wood, then resin over the wood for a box as solid as concrete

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

anytime you elmimnate standing waves you improve sound and usually spl

standing waves are found on large flat panels and 90 degree angles

so resin corners are a pretty good option

the most common is to use wood, then resin over the wood for a box as solid as concrete

Thanks, I plan to use 2"x2" wood along all the inside edges, then I guess I'll try fiberglass matte and resin over that to get the 45. If needed, I can bondo over the fiberglass then sand it to get it all smooth?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

you are making it way too hard. wood or resin the corners into approximately 45 degree angles, that is it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

you are making it way too hard. wood or resin the corners into approximately 45 degree angles, that is it.

Ok, I can't resin them like Steve does, as my wall is being built in car. So I will look into either wood or sheet metal, whichever is cheaper at Lowes!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

there was a thread talking about how 45's are bad...i think it was meant more towards straight SPL cars, but i found it interesting.

Yeah, I just read that one, and combined it with the statement from Steve that he has built many a box with just the 2"x2" wood strips inside, and stopped there. Since my PT is not a competition car, I may just skip them altogether, may be more beneficial for me to spend my time on bracing and strengthening the walls instead.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG