Sonic Electronix

SoundQubed Amp and Sub Clipping - Looking for opinions!

1 hour ago, dgreenie29 said:

I will do that tonight. 

Please see the link for pictures

System Pictures

It looks like you did a nice job with the install and box build, but I see one potential issue.  It looks like dimension A is less than dimension B:

Inkedb_LI.thumb.jpg.522c69b2b733b2bf2cdc092f3fd69e5d.jpg

It just might be the angle of the photo, but it looks like maybe you should have attached the short port piece flush with the long one, instead of overlapping.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That's good detective work

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

19 minutes ago, dgreenie29 said:

And my port looks to be over 3" wide and it's supposed to be around 2 9/16 wide I believe.

Having the port wider than intended will raise the tuning frequency.  It will get you more output in the 40 Hz region but you will have less below there. The short panel being in the wrong spot is going to cause a choke point in the port, which will decrease output, how much I can't say. It's obviously not a good thing though. 

When you can report back with what the output voltage is of your amp that will give us a better idea what's going on. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Make plans for a second sub. My OCD won't let me run a single sub. Has to be an even number. lol

The majority of the output at tuning will come from the port and having it choked could be a difference of a few db. Get the port right and it can double your output.

Good eye Triticum!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Yeah Volts AC 200 should work. Make sure you are playing a sine wave tone. The one you used with the DD-1 should work fine. 

Builds:

Archived