Second Skin Audio

Please Check My Series 6th Design (BassBox6Pro)

WalledSonic

I also noticed the port velocities and cone excursion were peaking at 22ish Hz (kinda hard to tell with logarithmic graphs). Those peaks should be around 31ish Hz. Maybe there was an incorrect input?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

On 9/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, WalledSonic said:

I also noticed the port velocities and cone excursion were peaking at 22ish Hz (kinda hard to tell with logarithmic graphs). Those peaks should be around 31ish Hz. Maybe there was an incorrect input?

Are you referring to your BBP graphs or my HornResp graphs?  Looking at the cone excursion, it looks like the low chamber tuning was closer to 25 Hz, in both HornResp and BBP.    I tried to bring the low chamber tuning up, but couldn't do it without raising the high chamber tuning as well.  

I looked over my numbers in HornResp and everything looked to be right,  I'm not sure why there is such a large discrepancy between HornResp and BBP for cone excursion and port velocity. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 9/15/2017 at 4:30 PM, WalledSonic said:

Input power is entered per sub, along with the TS Parameters.  You can see the value "Pe" on the lefthand column of the screenshot i took. 

I have no experience using BBP but as a note, in WindIsd, Pe is it's rated power but not the actual input or signal power. You may be missing a setting or function. Simulation programs will generally default to 1w. That could explain the disparities. 

Archived