Best way to wire up 2 rear batteries??

As simple as this is, there's a few ways to wire up my rear batteries but not sure what way is better or most effective.

I have 4 runs front to rear, 2 positive, 2 negative. They are ran to the 1st rear battery and then the 2nd rear battery is just being jumped, is that fine or do I need to split my runs and put a main pos and neg to that 2nd rear battery or leave power wire on 1st rear battery and take those grounds off and put them on 2nd year battery, the batteries will still be jumped so basically turning them into a bank but not sure what is the best way.

Your rear batts wired in parallel is basically one larger battery. You can pile on as many positives and negatives on ether end of your jumpers that will fit the battery terminal with no worries. But imo a bus bar is better, cleaner way to go. Replace your jumpers with flat barstock (copper or aluminum), drill/tap holes for hardware and mount your wired lugs. Members rides and builds has a lot of photos regarding the same. Check em out!

This my setup in the back of my truck. I have 2 runs of 2/0 welding cable both positive and negative coming from the front battery in turn both rear batteries hooked to their own amp in the cab and to themselves, Each battery also has it's own 2/0 ground ran to the frame.

IMG_1489_zpsquts64ob.jpg

It's not a clean as i'd like it to look and i will probably re-vamp it in the spring

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Only been 24 hours since you started the thread, the comments will come if you contribute to it more than pointing out the lack of attention it has gotten so far.

I understand the frustration though when you would like an answer sooner than later.

Did my previous post help at all? They are different types of vehicles but i had hoped posting what i did would give you possible ideas to go with.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Take a pic, post here

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived