Second Skin Audio

New enclosure build design for noob please

Is there a website that I can go to and send them my information about my car, what subs I have, Thiele small parameters for my specific subs and send them $10/20 and they email me blueprints with all the dimensions instead of just a few to where u have to figure out what goes where or scratch my head an hour and still not sure of what I’m doing. I want the full top, sides, and bottom photos, and the dimensions labeled exactly where they should be and a very defined list of EXACTLY what to cut without any guessing or worrying about having to figure or calculate crap as I go along and end up with a bunch of useless scrap pieces of 3/4 mdf all over my shop.  I want it to be really explanatory and the cut list laid out to where anyone could understand it. But I want the box to be built for my specific jbl cx1200 12” subs..  is this dreamland or does it exist? I really appreciate the drawing the dude did up above but call me dumb but there’s just a lot of stuff left to the imagination in my honest opinion, I just want it dumbed down to where all I have to think about is not cutting my finger off. I thought there’d be no way I’d pay for a design, but now I’m certain there’s no better way because I’ll be getting exactly what I need and won’t have to worry about too little or too much air or is my speakers traveling too far or whatever. I’m a total noob I’m sure I don’t have to say that it’s apparent, I wouldn’t expect anyone to do all that for free because it’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it. So is there a website that I can give all my information to and $15/20 bucks and they email me three or four pages in an hour or so? Or am I dreaming and can expect to get it in a couple days?  I’ve seen boxes with braces with 45’s in the corners and they look really stout and well thought out, I don’t understand the wood dowel bracing, do u drill holes and push it through or??? I’d love to get my wood and start cutting today, any help wud be appreciated.  I don’t have pay pal and I’m sure it’d be safe but whatever it is I’d want to make sure I got the prints and the money gets held until delivery or however they do it. 

So I guess you are having some issues with my box post, here is some help:

1) box is custom to your subs and is not generic.

2) as per your request box is as small as possible, the side port makes a box smaller and simpler to build.

3) dowel rods are 1 1/4 in or close as possible.

4) here are some custom figures:

box_outer.jpg

box_inner.jpg

If you want to do the 45 in the port make sure you do everything like this (top view):

image.jpg

Brace locations:

brace_front.jpg

brace_top.jpg

Any other questions let me know. 

I meant absolutely no disrespect in my comments and desire for more in depth of a design, in all honesty I’m really nervous about the whole building process to start with. I just wanted to make sure I had enough information to where I wasn’t scratching my head on my cuts. You have exceeded every single desire I could of possibly asked for! This is exactly to the letter of what I was looking for and I’m very appreciative you took the time to go out of your way to do this for me , I sincerely hope you don’t think I was a jerk about it, that definitely wasn’t my intention, but things like this has to be dumbed down for me where I can understand them. Lol. I could keep on and on but simply, thank you sir, I will do my best to build it as good as you designed it.. I’ll post pics, and again, thanks very much for your time. 

On 1/7/2018 at 4:25 AM, reedal said:

you have some proof of that? I've had my 80prs since fall/winter of 2014, and the only issue I've had with it was a ground issue after moving it from my Explorer to my Tahoe that was installer error on my part. fixed ground, screen stopped flashing randomly.

I owned a Pioneer premier for lil over 2 years and it stopped working, took it in under warranty and 8 months later did the same thing, and I have told HU makers what causes the issue but they seemingly fail to listen!

Same happened with Kenwood & JVC, the Alpine i have has been in my truck since 2014 and i upgraded it from a older Alpine which still works but it was the Old CD-Changer able deck, but needed to upgrade with the times!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

I am gonna go buy the mdf this morning or this evening, I only have the Honda Civic to haul the sheet in and I’ve tried to find some way to figure how to cut the sheet for transportation and keeping in mind of cutting it to where I’m not wasting any and losing out on being able to use a good portion of it. I have to the best of my ability, hopefully got the cut sheet right but not 100%, I’m hoping one sheet will do the build. If I cut the 4x8 twice that’ll make 4 pcs measuring 2x4. I’d be willing to bet everything I’ve bought that there’s someone reading this who can give me a definite cut list and how to cut the sheet at the store to transport so I can make sure I’m not gonna waste any. It may seem simple and plain common sense, and maybe I appear to lack the knowledge of simple math and need to reconsider building a box altogether but honestly, I’m going on the measure twice cut once premise and hoping to get a good second opinion to where I’m confident in what I’m gonna be doing. Maybe I’ve just been thinking about it so much lately all this math has fried my brain for even the simple things. Appreciate the help. 

What do you think the issue was for the problem with the hu jake?? And my girlfriend and I went to Best Buy yesterday to look at hu’s again and dammit I can’t keep my hands off those new 7” capacitive touch pioneer screens! The clarity and quality looks great, but the screen pages you look at seem dull, they don’t pop or stand out with alot of color, until you plug in ur iPhone and the icons pop up and I thought u had to buy something extra for navigation but it mirrors your phone with navigation from my iPhone and the quality is awesome! It has an eq screen where u can program and save two, it has crossovers built in that I THINK eliminates the need for my components crossovers?? I hear most of u guys who know a lot about car stereos say u wouldn’t dare have a double din, but it honestly sounded great and I think I’m willing to sacrifice a little quality for all the options and looks these new avh double dins offer.. now that’s just my opinion but the settings on the audio alone seems to be really in depth, maybe it’s the life of the double dins the pros don’t like? It’s just really hard to talk myself into going into a small single din when for same price or little more I can have a hd 7” touch screen with navigation and all the bells and whistles that makes it look really good imo. 

Archived