Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Any info on '17 gmc sierra stereo (non-bose)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just picked up a 2017 gmc sierra elevation edition, double cab. It has the non-bose stereo. I'm not used to GM vehicles at all. I think it has speakers in the dash, maybe 2.75"? And front door speakers and rear door speakers. I haven't pulled anything apart yet.   Is there anything special I need to know about GMC stereos? My wife's driving it right now, I probably just want to replace the factory speakers for starters, but I might add an amp I've got plenty laying around along with a spare dsp or an lc8i, any info on wiring, specs, speaker sizes would be appreciated.

Posted

Wow not about dropping 1500 on a headunit there lol.  Looks like she's just getting some factory speaker replacements and maybe I'll toss a small sub in there, I imagine the chimes only play above 100hz

Posted

Let me know how you like that alpine after it's in, im still researching in the meantime. In my taurus I completely bypassed the factory system and I have a seperate vol knob with a standalone dsp, my wife won't go for that at all in her truck it has to be factory seamless

Posted

look and see if PAC makes and Amp Pro module for your truck or Axxess DSP T-Harness. I know the Axxess DSP you can control chime volume with it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 837 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...