Sonic Electronix

Any info on '17 gmc sierra stereo (non-bose)

Just picked up a 2017 gmc sierra elevation edition, double cab. It has the non-bose stereo. I'm not used to GM vehicles at all. I think it has speakers in the dash, maybe 2.75"? And front door speakers and rear door speakers. I haven't pulled anything apart yet.   Is there anything special I need to know about GMC stereos? My wife's driving it right now, I probably just want to replace the factory speakers for starters, but I might add an amp I've got plenty laying around along with a spare dsp or an lc8i, any info on wiring, specs, speaker sizes would be appreciated.

Easiest way to do it is to get the alpine x110 sra.  I picked up the Silverado version. Should be here. With that it retains factory everything and doesn't leave you with deafening chimes.  Makes adding amps and stiff easier as well. 

Swapping the speakers won' really do much.  The head unit is weak     and if you amp your speakers. Your chimes will be loud as hell

The only reason it's taken me tbis long to do audio in my 16 was because of all the bullshit in these new trucks. 

Let me know how you like that alpine after it's in, im still researching in the meantime. In my taurus I completely bypassed the factory system and I have a seperate vol knob with a standalone dsp, my wife won't go for that at all in her truck it has to be factory seamless

look and see if PAC makes and Amp Pro module for your truck or Axxess DSP T-Harness. I know the Axxess DSP you can control chime volume with it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived