Robert1 Posted January 25, 2018 Author Report Posted January 25, 2018 What I can do is just take out the left over wire inside the harness with some needle nose pliers and after that put a clip on the cut wire and put it back in
poorfish88 Posted January 25, 2018 Report Posted January 25, 2018 You could do that sure, but after the job you've done so fare outlook is bad.
WalledSonic Posted January 25, 2018 Report Posted January 25, 2018 26 minutes ago, Robert1 said: What I can do is just take out the left over wire inside the harness with some needle nose pliers and after that put a clip on the cut wire and put it back in You can buy the independent connectors from ebay. I did something similar with a connector in my car. Good luck finding the right one, though. If youre having this much trouble with this, chances are slim that you'll find the right connector. Just being real, I dont mean offense. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
SkarredSierra Posted January 25, 2018 Report Posted January 25, 2018 Your best suggestion so far was a new harness end from the junkyard. Just leave 3 to 4 inches of wire on it. Make sure to solder and heat shrink the connections. NO ELECTRICAL TAPE!! Then buy the connector or adapter u need. Next time youll know better. Hopefully a lesson was learned.
Robert1 Posted January 25, 2018 Author Report Posted January 25, 2018 Ok just got the multi meter and there’s power to the cables... so radio is fried I guess. I just need a solution on how to possibly have power to that harness since that’s what turned the radio and told everything what to do..
Robert1 Posted January 25, 2018 Author Report Posted January 25, 2018 Also I checked the radio fuse but the fuse isn’t broken but the 2 poles on the side of the fuse are black does that mean it’s blown or does current still go through it since the middle isn’t broken and by radio fuse I mean the fuse actually on the radio not the fuse behind rear driver seat
Robert1 Posted January 25, 2018 Author Report Posted January 25, 2018 Well yeah lesson learned was a dumb ass for doing it but I thought I’d give it a shot either way. Lmao
Robert1 Posted January 25, 2018 Author Report Posted January 25, 2018 Hard to see because of the red plastic but where the arrows are is where it’s black is that considered blown ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.