bferland911 Posted February 17, 2018 Report Posted February 17, 2018 Hi everyone. I've just started getting into car audio and wanted to try to make my own enclosure for 2 10" Skar EVL-10's. To get the air space I need i am going to have to fiberglass in to the spare tire well area. Its hard to see from my cardboard, but I'm only dealing with 10 inches maximum depth. Skar recommends 1.8 cubic feet per sub ported, tuned to 34hz with 19 square inches of port area, 22 inches long. I obviously don't have room for that, I have been looking at aero ports, but I am so new to this I am having information overload. I'd REALLY like to keep this under the false floor and not lose much if any cargo area. Long story short, will this work at all or am I being unrealistic? 2016 Kia soul for those wondering.
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 17, 2018 Report Posted February 17, 2018 That's going to be tough. If you don't have enough space to do a ported box right, you may be better off just making the box sealed. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
tmoney09 Posted February 17, 2018 Report Posted February 17, 2018 It's going to be a stretch from the look of those dimensions. An aero port may be the only way you are going to get the tuning you want but it's going to have to be external to a degree. You might have to sacrifice some cargo space
bferland911 Posted February 17, 2018 Author Report Posted February 17, 2018 15 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said: That's going to be tough. If you don't have enough space to do a ported box right, you may be better off just making the box sealed. Do you recommend I just bite the bullet and stay sealed?
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 20, 2018 Report Posted February 20, 2018 On 2/17/2018 at 12:03 PM, bferland911 said: Do you recommend I just bite the bullet and stay sealed? I probably would stay sealed. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
mothra Posted February 20, 2018 Report Posted February 20, 2018 did you buy the subs yet? if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
bferland911 Posted February 22, 2018 Author Report Posted February 22, 2018 On 2/20/2018 at 3:54 AM, fasfocus00 said: did you buy the subs yet? No, after talking with my local shop we are now thinking of going with 2 Crossfire C7 8" subs. I wont cut any wood until i have the subs in hand.
77-AUDIO Posted February 12, 2019 Report Posted February 12, 2019 I have seen 2-8" sundowns in that area ported but they also had the subs inverted. looked sick. PPI dbl dinDC Level 31.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.DC audio 2.0kCT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.