96 Thunderbird very slow daily build

OK so you'll have to bare with me as this is my first build log.

So I got this 96 Ford Thunderbird for purpose of transportation to an from work and to wreak it with a system unfortunately my income wont let me do exactly what I want so i'll just have to do it over time using what I have for now.

The plan I have for it for now is

1. Front stage that can sound good on its own and at least try and keep up with the subs.
  2. 6th order wall with 2 Ampere Audio 4.0 15's (wanted 18's but got a good deal on some blown 15's).
  3. Probably around 4k for the subs whenever I find a good deal on something lol.
  4. Enough charging system to keep up without breaking the bank.

Equipment I currently have

1. Head unit Kenwood KMM-bt518hd
  2. Front speakers are 2 silver flute 8's for the doors and 2 Fountek fr89ex 3" for the dash
  3. Mids and highs amp is a old JL 300/4
  4. Sub amp is a CT Sounds 2500.1
  5. 2 Ampere audio 4.0 15's that need recones

Here's the bird in all it $600 glory lol

wWhX8u6.jpg

22fYGRt.jpg

All it needed at the time to get it running was a fuel pump. This car definitely isn't going to win any car shows anytime soon but with the shape it was in it doesn't bother me at all cutting it up to do what I wan't.

My power wire is salvaged out of my buddies truck when he went to 4/0. Its 1/0 anchor welding wire with crimped and heat shrink copper ends.

m5IF7tT.jpg

All I currently have left to upgrade wire wise is the positive from the alt and the chassis ground once I get some more wire and can barrow my buddies wire crimper again.

I'm actually starting the build log a little late in the process as I have most of the front done (except making it look good which I've never been good at lol)

Here is some of the dash and door work.

UpTFOgz.jpg

84s2xLv.jpg

x11YtcL.jpg

vCuVAcD.jpg

Sh5kE71H3CZ8aU0Pm_DxcHytZ-1NCqKLo7ZCfqa_

the Blue tack was there for testing 

And here's how the doors are currently sitting 

This is me realizing that I'm going to have to cut something if i want these to not stick out so far lol

ptAP9vz.jpg

0enVwkg.jpg

A little better 

zeWWk6U.jpg

And here's where how currently sit. Unfortunately I lost most of the pics from making them but nothing impressive. They are sealed encloses not open to the door.

UzBwz6u.jpg

fOikchf.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to wrap the doors (I've never done that before).

And now the start of the wall. I wanted to make the shell of the wall as big as possible that way if I decided to change anything I don't have to start from scratch (It's easier to make the box smaller after its built than bigger)

Here's the first layer of the base going in

M3mnFQ418hGTzYclxCGYw6ejcF8YzOgHBSpW9tmB

XhCM93A5_KYgDjbR_sPJpFkom4LkHiqgH8aF1cCn

and starting the wall and a layer on the roof

YP6_mlKe9b-VJlQ2r2rmfu2eds95x3AHMGwBFV2t

second layer of the roof in and the stepped down part is where the front of the box will be.

mRpj5ZDtsbFizMOwLhQMHY9wIVxj4eiGLChRitaK

Had to leave a little access for the sunroof motor just in case. I'm sure the sunroof is going to give me lots of problems but I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

izJqmj8Z8Izd_whvzsWkWiePWdhDRK2U3NPI-IwA

and this is the stuff I decided to try for blacking out the windows.  It's not bad but doesn't really cover too well.

4DinW_G1O5EhdOykk7gjCAJxQptUReO8MnY1uz3y

And that's about how its sitting now. Still trying to get recones for the subs and work on the wall is kinda slow because I only get to work on the weekends or at night.

Some of the other things I'm working on is a fuse block for the rear and cleaning up the subs .

4lqotGcjZY-zHVtlF5J8Lfb5ANijb4KmGvSHF7Xi-Eqk3NeoLwCJtBG9FaMDbxF_RrrngYcuqCwFjcEo

Motor before and after

vZzZnHuT4RjUfR62O_2sLPvRqAEhW9e4oHnWHiFM

kT9Ds2ou2L19pLIzUbzB7V_-bJhxv8sWQUVTlULj

and a little paint

BGukv83MTqMpGNemF3T2CIivOo5MOD9mGQcnXRR3

kqNhS4gXnEgxMgsA9nPXgn9hJOYQCsXU0JRM7JcN

And for fun the motor next to a sa8 lol

Xw-2l4I_9dSKrsO4N5eBHZMj3wmxEuRwQ3WVJ8FJ

36 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

None of the pics in the 1st post worked for me....

Same for me.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived