Grounding location help

Car: Honda Civic Coupe 8th gen

The weather permitted about half an hour today to work on this but I am questioning my original grounding location in favor of one that connects to the bolts of my seat or some other place.

My original place to ground is about the midway of my car and is the cross beam under the rear seats

tumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o8_r1_250.jpgtumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o3_250.jpgtumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o2_250.jpg

Driver seat bolt locations

tumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o1_400.jpgtumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o6_400.jpg

Wire/Lugs - Sky High 1/0 

tumblr_p8tyzn0gP81xsodn1o4_400.jpg

If I were to ground my rear battery to the left and right rear bolts of my driver side seat would I create a ground loop and introduce noise/static? or since I am going into a battery to ground I would have no noise/static?

My current electrical system will follow this diagram:

tumblr_p8u15t2yTA1xsodn1o1_540.jpg

Any help would be appreciated 

Cheers

If there is enough thread to screw your bolt in to that rail in the first three pics I would think that should be fine.  It needs to be tightly bolted with at least 3 or 4 turns firmly tapped in.  If not, maybe the seat mount bolts would be OK?

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I just figured since the trunk had so many small connections that I would move the ground further into the vehicle but i'm unsure I use to use one of the bolts just at the beginning of the trunk

Do not ground to seats or seat belts. Sometimes they use capture nuts which are not welded to the chassis. This is a common rule.

DC grounds wont create a ground loop like youre describing. The more grounds, the better. Less grounds will get you alt noise since the rectifier will have a harder time pushing current out if it cant return efficiently. Theres a reason your stock grounds are redundant (chassis-engine, chassis-batt, engine-batt, etc).

Drill a new hole, bolt from underneath, add a nut, or weld it, etc. 

also, youre better off running longer AND LARGER cable to a further-way GOOD ground location than grounding a shorter wire to a shitty ground point. 

EDIT: i have a 4/0 ground back to the front battery from the rear battery bank. I added a chassis ground to the rear bank and found that the chassis returned 80% of the current whiel that fat 4/0 only returns 20% of the current. The chassis is surprisingly good at flowing current, despite the fact its NOT copper. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Thanks for that info man

I think I'm going to test some areas resistance with a meter and go from there, but do you think I should add another run of 1/0 for grounds? So I have two 1/0 runs for power and three for grounds? or will 2 runs for grounds be enough.

3 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Thanks for that info man

I think I'm going to test some areas resistance with a meter and go from there, but do you think I should add another run of 1/0 for grounds? So I have two 1/0 runs for power and three for grounds? or will 2 runs for grounds be enough.

(2) 1/0 grounds and a chassis ground will be plenty. Thats equivalent to my setup and im running 10k on subs alone. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived