13 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

good luck man! 

Thank you Sir.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I understand that I wanted to stay in lower classes with this truck, but I feel that to get any higher than an 80 ... I will need to redo my A-pillars.

Stage Width just will not go beyond the pillars. Best place that I can move the tweeters is to the Sail Panels. However, I'm scared I will loose Stage height and depth ...

If they go anywhere else, it will bump me up into Mod Street Class and this whole year in Street Class will be a waste ...

You know what ??? Fuck it !!! I just emailed a friend to get some Fiberglass work done to the Avalanche ...

I've always said that the midrange drivers is the heart of an Audiophile system. So this is what I want ...

gallery_5_7_94911.jpg

Or for the most part, moving the tweeters to the sail panels and going more like this ...

gallery_5_7_27303.jpg

Moving the 5.25" driver closer to the sail panels to match the tweeter location ...

Move me back to Moddex Class, but Fuck it. I have the drivers and the ability to use them ...

What you guys think ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, ToNasty said:

If I'm not mistaken you'll be in extreme because mod I dont think the pillars can exceed 4" or something. One of the reasons I'll be doing extreme it's the lowest class I'll be able to be in :(

These exact 5.25” drivers came out of the Silverado. Moddex is the only class I ever run in that truck. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, MrSkippyJ said:

You ever going to be around Nashville with your truck?

I will next year for MECA. Hoping to start on these mid range drivers this week. May take a while with my work schedule ...

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, ToNasty said:

If I'm not mistaken you'll be in extreme because mod I dont think the pillars can exceed 4" or something. One of the reasons I'll be doing extreme it's the lowest class I'll be able to be in :(

After reading the rules, I Stand corrected Sir.

I have a pair of 4" drivers I could use, but I'd MUCH rather go with my 5.25" drivers ... So it looks like I will be running extreme class.

Sounds like I Will Be parking the Avalanche and REALLY setting up this truck for next Year's MECA Competition.

14 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

After reading the rules, I Stand corrected Sir.

I have a pair of 4" drivers I could use, but I'd MUCH rather go with my 5.25" drivers ... So it looks like I will be running extreme class.

Sounds like I Will Be parking the Avalanche and REALLY setting up this truck for next Year's MECA Competition.

Extreme is more fun anyway. Anything goes 

30 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Extreme is more fun anyway. Anything goes 

You know, If I remember correctly, that's always been a rule for Modex.

I remember what I did. I countersank the 5.25" drivers into the dash to where the max height of the pods was 4 inches.

image_url-43297-1379769634.jpg

Not sure if I can do this to the Avalanche ... Not sure if I really want to either ...

6 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

You know, If I remember correctly, that's always been a rule for Modex.

I remember what I did. I countersank the 5.25" drivers into the dash to where the max height of the pods was 4 inches.

image_url-43297-1379769634.jpg

Not sure if I can do this to the Avalanche ... Not sure if I really want to either ...

If I remember modex  you cant have pillars or pods protruding more than 4-4.5" I could be wrong though3

12 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

If I remember modex  you cant have pillars or pods protruding more than 4-4.5" I could be wrong though3

You should have seen the judges fight over this truck with measuring tapes. It was final that this truck was legal for modex.

Archived