Jump to content
 
 

Sign in to follow this  
moh.vze.com

XS Power Battery poorly packaged from AudioSavings (Authorize Dealer)

Recommended Posts

I bought an XS Power XP3000 from AudioSavings (XS Power Authorized Dealer and EX-SMD Vendor) and the package severely was damaged. I don''t know if it was damaged from the AudioSavings' Warehouse or by UPS.

The XS Power XP3000 and D2400 that I bought from Showtime Electronics on eBay arrived with not a single dent on the box.

I've bought batteries (XS D2400 and XP3000) from AudioSavings back in 2012 when they were still a vendor here on SMD forum and those batteries are still running strong until this day (6 years later).

However, with the current XP3000, do you guys think the battery cells were damaged based on the appearance of the package?

If you guys think it should be fine, I'd rather not have to ship it back to them for a replacement.

I was comparing the XP3000 from AudioSavings with the Showtime Electronics one and for some reason the sticker on the AudioSavings looked newer compared to the Showtime Electronics (blue sticker looked faded). The Showtime Electronics XP3000 has been sitting in the garage without the charger and is able to hold a 13V voltage since I've received it so I think that one should be good.

 

 

Here's a comparison of what the packaging looked like from AudioSavings back in 2012 (they double boxed). 

AudioSavings Packaging 2012

d2400_goodpackage.JPG

xp3000_twobox.JPG

xp3000_uglypackage.JPG

 

AudioSavings Packaging 2018:

audio-savings-xp3000-package-2018.png

 

I didn't record the packaging done by Showtime Electronics (eBay) but if I remember correctly it was double-boxed also and voltage was ~13V out of the box.

 

 

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a XS battery from Showtime and it got sent in the XS single box with a shipping label stuck on it.  It was in good shape when I got it but I remember scoffing at it's chintzy packaging considering how volatile a battery can be.


Soundqubed s4-100 & s1-1250

2x Rockville K6 12"

PB 7" midbass components

Niche Audio 5.25" components

Pioneer FH-X730BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

I got a XS battery from Showtime and it got sent in the XS single box with a shipping label stuck on it.  It was in good shape when I got it but I remember scoffing at it's chintzy packaging considering how volatile a battery can be.

True. I just checked my Showtime Electronics XS Power D2400 unboxing video (I'll upload that one later) and it came with only the XS Power packaging.

 

However though, the Packaging on the XP3000 from Showtime Electronics was double boxed (can't remember if they were XS Power boxes) with Styrofoam). I didn't record the unboxing video of the XP3000 from Showtime Electronics though.

Nonetheless, it's sad to see Audio Savings skimp out on boxing the expensive batteries. In 2012, they were my go-to dealers for car batteries whenever my friends needed an XS Power Battery.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those pictures make me think the box didn't survive the trip and the shipper just went wild with the tape...LIke you said, would be really interested to know if it left there facility like that. Id probably give them a call, send them the pictures/video and ask.

I think every XS I've ever ordered has come in the manufacturer's box with styrofoam. Literally just got my D4700 yesterday; ordered from showtime (through ebay) and it came like that. Soon as I see it, I get the camera out. Thankfully, I've never had one damaged...but the syrofoam never survives in solid pieces.

13ba4b8.jpg?1

lv0V5Ru.jpg

h38himb.jpg

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbdblue said:

Those pictures make me think the box didn't survive the trip and the shipper just went wild with the tape...LIke you said, would be really interested to know if it left there facility like that. Id probably give them a call, send them the pictures/video and ask.

I think every XS I've ever ordered has come in the manufacturer's box with styrofoam. Literally just got my D4700 yesterday; ordered from showtime (through ebay) and it came like that. Soon as I see it, I get the camera out. Thankfully, I've never had one damaged...but the syrofoam never survives in solid pieces.

13ba4b8.jpg?1

lv0V5Ru.jpg

h38himb.jpg

Damn. I guess buying batteries online it's all about luck if the battery will make it to you in one piece or not.

There was a guy on this forum that had a thread up about his battery leaking after only using for three years. It makes you wonder how he initially received his battery in the mail. My XS Power Batteries from 2012 were able to last until this very day probably because nothing was damaged during the shipping process.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ShowTime Electronics is legit if you knew what I knew you would have no problem buying XS Power from them ;)

You did good recording a video of the package and opening it on camera for evidence to back yourself up.

That being said, I probably would of contacted the company first before going public with it.

With that also being said Id want a new battery even if it appears to work fine currently because for 1 you dont know the abuse that the package went through, and there could be tiny cracks in the led plates or anything that may perform fine with a simple voltage test but wont handle the load, or it may get worse and not work at all. There you be up shits creek without a paddle then. Not to mention the case looks dinged up pretty bad around the corners and once again who knows how sealed the battery may really be in its current state. 

Buying a new battery, a battery that keeps getting more expensive every few months (it seems) I would want it in mint new condition, and not some second hand store off the shelf of Salvation Army looking battery.

The Styrofoam in the other package is designed to take the brunt force abuse and become busted if shit goes south during shipping. What Im guessing is the XP3000 was packed like that too, since its in its original box so Im sure the tape let go and some careless shipping emplyee taped it up as quick as possible and didnt care about putting the battery back in the packaging right.

For what its worth the XP 3000s are a waste imo anyways. Everything about the D series is just so much nicer, though my butthole still puckers when I pick them up by the plastic handle thinking its going to break. LOL
Only $80 more for a D3100 that will school the XP3000 in every way, and the D3100 comes double boxed surrounded by Styrofoam and a 3 year warranty.

Where as the XP3000 you get 10ah more, a small piece of useless Styrofoam at the bottom it seems, and a plastic bag and not doubled box with a 2 year warranty. 
Just my preference though.

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

ShowTime Electronics is legit if you knew what I knew you would have no problem buying XS Power from them ;)

You did good recording a video of the package and opening it on camera for evidence to back yourself up.

That being said, I probably would of contacted the company first before going public with it.

With that also being said Id want a new battery even if it appears to work fine currently because for 1 you dont know the abuse that the package went through, and there could be tiny cracks in the led plates or anything that may perform fine with a simple voltage test but wont handle the load, or it may get worse and not work at all. There you be up shits creek without a paddle then. Not to mention the case looks dinged up pretty bad around the corners and once again who knows how sealed the battery may really be in its current state. 

Buying a new battery, a battery that keeps getting more expensive every few months (it seems) I would want it in mint new condition, and not some second hand store off the shelf of Salvation Army looking battery.

The Styrofoam in the other package is designed to take the brunt force abuse and become busted if shit goes south during shipping. What Im guessing is the XP3000 was packed like that too, since its in its original box so Im sure the tape let go and some careless shipping emplyee taped it up as quick as possible and didnt care about putting the battery back in the packaging right.

For what its worth the XP 3000s are a waste imo anyways. Everything about the D series is just so much nicer, though my butthole still puckers when I pick them up by the plastic handle thinking its going to break. LOL
Only $80 more for a D3100 that will school the XP3000 in every way, and the D3100 comes double boxed surrounded by Styrofoam and a 3 year warranty.

Where as the XP3000 you get 10ah more, a small piece of useless Styrofoam at the bottom it seems, and a plastic bag and not doubled box with a 2 year warranty. 
Just my preference though.

Damn. I should have bought the D3100's during the eBay 20% discount promo then :(. I don't know what I was thinking.

I'll keep in mind and purchase all of my future batteries from ShowTime Electronics though.

Are there tools for stress testing batteries so I can stress test that AudioSavings' XP3000 and compare it to the Showtime Electronics? 


DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...