Second Skin Audio

Looking for recommendations

I have a 3.6 cubed net box with two Rockford P3 12s in it currently on a DC 2k.  Current box has subs on the same side as the port (in the center).

What are some sub upgrade recommendations? Or am I better off switching up to a new box for the new subs/sub?

I use this as my daily and my longest drive is about 1 hour to and then another back.

Some other box specs

34 hz slot port

Port Area 47.25" ^2

Double thick baffles

Cheers

8 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I have a 3.6 cubed net box with two Rockford P3 12s in it currently on a DC 2k.  Current box has subs on the same side as the port (in the center).

What are some sub upgrade recommendations? Or am I better off switching up to a new box for the new subs/sub?

I use this as my daily and my longest drive is about 1 hour to and then another back.

Some other box specs

34 hz slot port

Port Area 47.25" ^2

Double thick baffles

Cheers

A couple DC level 3 or 4 would be great on that amp. Those Fosgate couldn't hold DC's dust caps! You can add some material to the inside of the box the shrink the box to the three cubic feet needed for the DC woofers. Add 45 to all the corners on the inside of the box if there aren't any and you should be good to go. 

5 hours ago, Joe X said:

New subs ideally need new box made for them,  subs are picked based on your budget and listening preferences, also post what vehicle you have.

Civic coupe 08. 

3 hours ago, DiBo said:

A couple DC level 3 or 4 would be great on that amp. Those Fosgate couldn't hold DC's dust caps! You can add some material to the inside of the box the shrink the box to the three cubic feet needed for the DC woofers. Add 45 to all the corners on the inside of the box if there aren't any and you should be good to go. 

I'll either do this or make a new box for better subs. But if I make a new box I think im going to have a single 15 or 4 tens to change things up.

59 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

I'll either do this or make a new box for better subs. But if I make a new box I think im going to have a single 15 or 4 tens to change things up.

I'm running a single 15 from 2-12s and I like it. Get a good driver if you choose to go the single route. You'll lose cone area but you can put more power to the single woofer obviously. Jmo. 

Archived